Roush "shift light"

Blown281USMC

Established Member
So I was just watching a video posted by ArabianOak where he was running to 120 with a new tune and JLT. He hit the rev limiter, and this is where I noticed something.....

When I am running my Roush hard, it has a factory "shift light". The entire tach turns bright red. I'll post a video of it tonight or tomorrow. But I assumes this isn't the case for the GT's?

chico_mustangs

Established Member
ahhhh.. ok Man it's awesome too isn't it?!

I was coming back from the NASCAR race in charlotte last night getting on it, and my wife's cousin was laughing his ass of the entire time in pure enjoyment.

Yeah its pretty awesome, hopefully someone can figure out how to change the RPM that it flashes.

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Well, I usually shift before it activates, but every now and then it catches me.

Also, nice bumper and grille. They look familiar....

Thanks, yeah mine is a little different from yours. I painted mine two tone to give the headlights & grill even more of the darkened recessed look. The '12 Roush's have black on the top of the bumpers also but they cheapened out and used vinyl instead of paint. It was a p.i.t.a. to tape the line off and get it perfect but in the end it was well worth it! Not bad for a do it yourself job.

2011-09-23_14-27-45_560-1-1.gif

Blown281USMC

Established Member
Thanks, yeah mine is a little different from yours. I painted mine two tone to give the headlights & grill even more of the darkened recessed look. The '12 Roush's have black on the top of the bumpers also but they cheapened out and used vinyl instead of paint. It was a p.i.t.a. to tape the line off and get it perfect but in the end it was well worth it! Not bad for a do it yourself job.

2011-09-23_14-27-45_560-1-1.gif

Looks awesome dude! Great Job!

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjKm1jMqnM"]2011 Mustang 5.0L built-in tack "Shift-light" - YouTube[/nomedia]

KonaGT

Established Member
Anyone know if it's possible to alter the RPM that comes on at? My car has it and I would love to be able to set it higher than factory.

BV600

Established Member
I didnt notice it when my gauges where red, but I turned them Green last night and Seen it for the first time. I think its because it illuminates red?

WHITEMACH

Established Member
it does on the mycolor dashes only,,,,,,maybe chuck at evolution knows if they are ever going to come up with a way to control where it comes in at!

Users who are viewing this thread