Roush TVS CAI questions

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I've read a few different places that the roush CAI for the TVS setup is limited to the low 600whp range, but I would like to know why.

Is it that the 110mm intake size restricts the amount of air flow, or is it the 110mm intake in conjunction with the stock MAF sensor???

ie: Can the Roush TVS CAI be used with a different MAF sensor(and tuned accordingly) to run 700+whp?

by9468840

Established Member
That's bs my friend. I'm doing close to 630rwhp with roush CAI.
If you want to hit 700+ however you might need a bigger CAI.
The the only option is the JLT. However the fitment isn't perfect like roush.
If you want to make that much power think of upgrading TB too.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
It's funny that some people say the MAF is pegged at low 600's and some people run mid-high 600's with the stock MAF sensors in the 110mm intake. I wonder if it is just because some tuners will tune closer to the MAF sensor limits than others. Or, maybe it's just the fact that one dyno can read significantly different than another. But your's made that much power on two different dynos Joc... Brenspeeds and wherever you went this last time.

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
Made much more power on the last run on a mustang dyno, Brenspeed runs were on a Dynojet i believe.

Not to forget i dynoed the Brenspeed tune on the Mustang dyno before putting in the Lund tune so the gains were real.

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
http://vmptuning.com/maf-sensors/hpx/

OK, I see here it says for 05+, so I would assume it would work in our cars (with a tune for it). In the description it says that with a 4" or bigger tube, it will support 1000+RWHP. 110mm converted to inches is 4.33". So I would assume that with the Roush CAI and a maf sensor like this i could make more than low-mid 600whp...

Joc, do you have a data log of your 665hp dyno? I would like to see how close you were to pegging the MAF. It would be no good putting in race gas and upping the boost if you can't meter any more air. I guess you could put in race gas and up the timing some for more power, but I'd like to know how "on the limit" you are with your MAF as it sits right now.

Also, I'm guessing you would want as small flowing of a Mass Airflow sensor as you can get away with for resolution purposes... right?

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
http://vmptuning.com/maf-sensors/hpx/

OK, I see here it says for 05+, so I would assume it would work in our cars (with a tune for it). In the description it says that with a 4" or bigger tube, it will support 1000+RWHP. 110mm converted to inches is 4.33". So I would assume that with the Roush CAI and a maf sensor like this i could make more than low-mid 600whp...

Joc, do you have a data log of your 665hp dyno? I would like to see how close you were to pegging the MAF. It would be no good putting in race gas and upping the boost if you can't meter any more air. I guess you could put in race gas and up the timing some for more power, but I'd like to know how "on the limit" you are with your MAF as it sits right now.

Also, I'm guessing you would want as small flowing of a Mass Airflow sensor as you can get away with for resolution purposes... right?

Interesting, i have the datalog and Mustang dyno log files. Ill email them to you later.

Users who are viewing this thread