Roush TVS Tune Question

BrianH87

Established Member
The latest Roush TVS kits come with instructions for tuning that give you two different options. 1. - Send the PCM to roush the old fasioned way. Or 2. - Download the free roush diagnostic tool software and flash the PCM yourself. The second options requires a J2534 pass-through device (PUMA, VCM I, VCMII, etc...) What the heck is that? I tried to google it and came up with anything from a thousand dollar programmer tool to just a simple USB to OBDII cable. Has anybody done the Roush tune themselves? Or is this something that only dealers will have? I like the idea of using the roush diagnostic software because it has several tests that are performed after the blower is installed. Plus, it would be easier to just do it myself rather than mailing the PCM.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Contact someone that does it time and time again, aed, jpc, vmp. Also these places will all do it via email all u need is an sct tuner. You could run a roush tune too but its very mild.

cb900f

Established Member
Like ^^^^ said, get a custom tune with a SCT device. If you are worried about the warranty send in the PCM to Roush. The device they are referring to is a "dealership" device.

Users who are viewing this thread