Roush wheels on 93 Cobra

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
I just got a set of Roush 18x9 wheels for a deal that I couldn't pass up. Does anyone have 18's mounted on their Cobra? If so, what do I need to do to make them fit on the rear? Currently, my front has been upgraded to 5 lug using 94 GT parts (calipers, spindles etc,), but what do I need for the rear? I suspect that I might have to roll the rear fenders to make them fit. Thanks!

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Go to http://www.sn95brakes.com/, all the info you will need is there. You will need near stock length (Fox GT/LX) axles. You may also have to roll the fenders or flip the quad shocks, it just depends on your car and what tires you run.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Roush wheels have a 28mm backspace so you may be able to run the SN95 axles without having to roll the fender ... If I were doing it I would just run stock length axles to avoid the need for any fender rolling.

fefm0h.jpg

fefm2f.jpg

fefm8y.jpg

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Those are some sweet pics! I plan to run the SN95 axles as you suggested, but I also hear that North Race cars sells some brackets that might alleviate any problems with fender clearance. Thanks for the help!

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
cheapertokeephe said:
I plan to run the SN95 axles as you suggested, but I also hear that North Race cars sells some brackets that might alleviate any problems with fender clearance. Thanks for the help!

Check out North's website:
http://www.northracecars.com/catalog/brakes/brakes.htm

The brackets will allow you to run the caliper but will not correct any tire clearance issues you may have. Also, I don't know that I suggested you run the SN95 axles. If you are going with the 8" wide rim then you will be okay but if you go with a 9" rim and the SN95 axles then you WILL have to roll the lips. Check out North, they sell a complete rear disc conversion that maintains the stock track width and uses hardened axles.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
tunedin302 said:
maintains the stock track width
tunedin302, just to clarify for cheapertokeephe, when you say stock you are referring to a Fox GT/LX track width and not the 93 Cobra track width correct? Stock for him and stock for you is .75" each side (1.5" total) difference in track width.

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
JimJr said:
tunedin302, just to clarify for cheapertokeephe, when you say stock you are referring to a Fox GT/LX track width and not the 93 Cobra track width correct? Stock for him and stock for you is .75" difference in track width.

Great point .... I noticed that I said "keep the stock track width" in an above post (I'm just too used to the non-cobra forums).

You'll notice that all the picture I posted are non-cobra cars. My point was that, assuming you go with a 9" rim, if you use the 93 cobra axles then you will most likely have to roll the fenders for clearance. However, if you run some fox length axles then your fenders won't have to be rolled on a 9" rim w/ a 28mm offset.

This is of course assuming you're not going to slam a 315 tire on there. Realistically, a 265 tire is a safe size on a 9" rim that does not encounter rubbing with the correct axle length.

Thanks again JimJr :beer:

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
I originally planned to use the stock rear calipers, but after talking with a few sources (including North Race Cars) everyone agrees that I will need to use:

1. Fox length 5 lug axles
2. SN95 calipers
3. SN95 rotors
4. North Race car brackets
5. SN hoses, brake cables, and misc h/w

I can also upgrade to 94-95 Cobra calipers and rotors. I'll post pics when I finish. Thanks everyone for your inputs!

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Does anybody know ho owns the red gt.. I am trying to find out the history of it...funny thing is I own it know.. please any info would be great . I think car was from oregon ..any how please..I'm sure there is a story to this car...I own the car now and I want some info on car..thanks hope to hear from somebody
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread