Royal Purple Oil Filter poor packaging?

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Opened up the oil filter bought brand new from pepboys and there is no plastic cover over the oil filter intake. Also paint is all over the sides of the oring and a 1/8th of the oring mating surface was covered in paint! The threads also had some lynt from the box or some type of contaminant.

Kinda feel like the filter has been messed with since there is no plastic backing. Can anyone confirm if there is suppose to be plastic covering it?

Blueline

Established Member
I just received my RP Oil filter from Summit Racing, no plastic on it covering the threaded hole.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
very poor,all the time. i have to place an order of 5 filters with my local autoxarts store because 4 out of 5 will have rust.

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
I have had 3 strikes with this, one was to me looks like it was put in the box with wet paint, second had rust inside and third had damaged rubber ring.Have switched back to mobile one as the RP HPS is a pain to get here in canada and i am using premium WIX filters.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They NEVER have any wrapping. I got one that has surface rust on whole area where the rubber seal is. Ended up just getting a motorcraft one.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I've used plenty of Amsoil filters over the years. I believe that's what's hanging off the block right now. I've also used other manufactures oil filters and most don't wrap them or use a plastic plug.

OP, I guess you got one that made it past QC. I would assume they have a QC program, ask Jimmysidecarr.

No problem for me...

IMG_0346.JPG

8 holes vs 6 holes. I believe I know which one flows a little faster...

Wix doesn't wrap or plug theirs...

IMG_0349.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread