RP diff oil

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
I am once again changing gears tomorrow morning. I currently am using amsoil 75/110 with a tube of their slip lok. I've noticed that a lot of people are using RP in their diff on this forum. There are no issues with the amsoil that I'm using, it's just that the RP has additives in it already. So, my questions to everyone who uses it is:

Do you like it?
What is the weight you are using?
How long have you been running it?
Any noticeable differences after switching?

Please give all opinions good/bad.
Thank You

Sent from Tap-A-Junk

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are you changing out the bearings in the rear end as well? I was told that you should use conventional gear lube on new bearings until they are broken in.

When i did gears, I used conventional lube and just recently changed to Mobil 1 75w-140 and a bottle of Motorcraft friction modifier. Friction modifier was not necessary with the synthetic lube but it can't hurt. Haven't noticed a difference with the synthetic lube vs conventional.

Why are you going with 75w-110? I thought the factory recommended a heavier oil?

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
Back in 2003 my clutch packs in the rear of my new GT went south. Took it in to Ford to have them covered under warranty. They replaced the diff under warranty once they determined that it wasn't from racing or other abuse. I was told that it was an issue with the fluid. They told me that they filled it with 75/90 weight, and the 3 years later that I owned it, I never had another issue.

So with the amsoil line up, I figured I would go the happy medium route with the 75/110.

As far as the synthetic goes with new bearings, I believe that's what comes in there from the factory. But hopefully someone who knows for certain about whether or not they are filled from the factory with synthetic or not will chime in.

Sent from Tap-A-Junk

Users who are viewing this thread