RTR Wheel Question?

PhantomX

Established Member
Ordered the RTR's last week from Late Model restoration, should be here tomorrow. Question is do the stock lug nuts fit the RTR wheels properly? It didn't say I needed a lug kit, so I am assuming the stockers fit? I'm re-using my TPMS sensors so that's ok but some wheels act funny if you don't get the right lugs...

Bad Intention

Established Member
Stock lugs fit. One thing you may want to do is tape the out side of your lug wrench to stop it from rubbing inside holes in the wheels.

PhantomX

Established Member
Excellent! Thanks a bunch. I started thinking about trying to get everything together. I got rims ordered, tires ordered, Brembo's to ship out. Like a 3 ring circus and then I was thinking "CRAP" I might need lugs!

SicShelby09

Banned
Excellent! Thanks a bunch. I started thinking about trying to get everything together. I got rims ordered, tires ordered, Brembo's to ship out. Like a 3 ring circus and then I was thinking "CRAP" I might need lugs!

I hear ya man. I got mine to get broken down when your brembos get here, then I have to go through the very hard process to find a local tire place that can dismount and remount and balance the wheels without messing them up. I called a few places around here, and they all said they would not be held responsible for replacing wheels if they mess them up while trying to mount and balance. This is going to be nerve racking. You got to get pics asap of those RTRs on your car when you get them mounted.

PhantomX

Established Member
Oh Yeah... They'll be on tomorrow night, I have an appointment at 6pm when I get off work. Then I'll box up those Brembo's and have them out on Wednesday.

They are charging me an extra $30 a wheel to mount and balance the 19's. They've done well in the past, here's hoping they continue to do well and not mess them up... At the end of the day though, they are wheels, they take the brunt of driving and eventually something will happen to them, I dread the day my new ones get a knick but it's gonna happen...

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
I put black lug nuts on mine. I dont think there will be any issues mounting these wheels they are not that wide. I have had mine changed twice. Now on the other hand when I had my TF Chinanes that where 11" wide I more or less stood over the guy to supervise.

Users who are viewing this thread