RTR Wheels Discontinued??

BrianH87

Established Member
I was set on getting a set of the common RTR wheels in black. Every website states that they are either not available or backordered. It's been like that for the last three months. This leaves me to believe that they are either stopping manufacturing or are on national backorder. Do any vendors have these in stock? Or are they truely unavailable?

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Once American Muscle became the main distributor for RTR taking over from CDC's distributorship, everything got screwed up for RTR parts, EVERYTHING. You can blame them in particular for the retails sales on RTR parts at least, but that's likely the problem. Nobody can get RTR parts right now, where as when CDC was distributing the parts to other vendors and retail customers, no problems whatsoever.

MRGTX

Established Member
I believe the VMR V710s are the identical wheel (they made the RTR wheels, supposedly)...but they don't offer them in the charcoal finish...just black, silver, dolphin grey.

I'm looking into this on my own. I will keep everyone posted.

MRGTX

Established Member
I called VMR and I don't know what's up with those guys...they possibly are not the supplier for RTR...but their answer to that was vague as hell.

Also, contradicting exactly what it says on the web page for these wheels, the guy I talked to said that the V710s were not available in 5x113.4mm

So... oh well.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I called VMR and I don't know what's up with those guys...they possibly are not the supplier for RTR...but their answer to that was vague as hell.

Also, contradicting exactly what it says on the web page for these wheels, the guy I talked to said that the V710s were not available in 5x113.4mm

So... oh well.

thats sketchy. I believe there was another thread where someone pointed out those wheels and wondered the offsets compared to RTR/SVE/AMR. If I remember correctly he said the guy who worked there gave him the run around

Thalilbear02

Established Member

So... oh well.

He probably said they weren't available in 5x113.4 because they're not, it's 5x114.3 not 113.4. They are available, but the fitment isn't really Mustang specific. Check the other VMR thread, I've posted more info in there - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1046058-VMR-V710-RTR-wheels

MRGTX

Established Member
He probably said they weren't available in 5x113.4 because they're not, it's 5x114.3 not 113.4. They are available, but the fitment isn't really Mustang specific. Check the other VMR thread, I've posted more info in there - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1046058-VMR-V710-RTR-wheels

Yep..that was just a typo in my post. They knew what bolt spacing I needed (5x4.5") and claimed they didn't have them...but this is not correct apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread