Rubbing Borla Stinger pipes

Black'03GT

Established Member
I installed the Stingers a few months ago and at the point where the pipes come together in the center, I adjusted it so there was only an 1/8" in between the pipes (which was the most seperation I could get). Since then, they have moved and the pipes are now rubbing.

Do others have this problem and what can I do to adjust/fix this?

TenthScale

Established Member
Originally posted by Black'03GT
I installed the Stingers a few months ago and at the point where the pipes come together in the center, I adjusted it so there was only an 1/8" in between the pipes (which was the most seperation I could get). Since then, they have moved and the pipes are now rubbing.

Do others have this problem and what can I do to adjust/fix this?

I had to spend considerable time adjusting clamps and twisting the hangers to get tehm even in the rear and about 1" between them at the gas tank. Just see what you can do.

Black'03GT

Established Member
any other suggestions? Can I put some kind of material between the pipes to prevent them from rubbing (asbestos?)

svt2003cobra

Banned
I put a rubber spacer between them when i was installing them, I adjusted the tips and made sure the pipes were level and tightend everthing up. When i removed the spacer the pipes stayed where they were. The first time i did this the pipes moved back together, the problem was i torqued everything but the flanges at the h-pipe. I spaced everything back out and torqued the flanges to 25-30ftlbs and it hasnt moved since. Hope this helps.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
took me about 4 or 5 adjustments to get it right, but now no problems

just keep messing with it

Users who are viewing this thread