Ruh ro, zero oil pressure...

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
He's referring to his BB 502 Chevelle....

Charlie, let me know what you find out when you get the VC's off....

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I ordered a priming tool so I can spin the pump with the VC off and see if I have pressure or am pumping oil up. If not, out it comes once again so I can yank the pump and investigate further. Oh well, had to pull it anyways to snatch out the tranny to have Ellis build it right. I talked to the engine guys (Meridian) and they thought (as I did) that there wouldn't be any damage because it was at an idle. The bottom end still got lubed by splash and the tolerances were deliberately loose for track purposes. The top end would suffer after a bit if I kept running it, which I didn't.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Every car I had that fought me tooth and nail :bash: ended up being a badass once I got things sorted out and I'm sure it goes without saying with yours! Keep after it!:beer:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Oh, she's VICIOUS alright and sounds sick as hell. The little bit I did drive it was a blast. Nothing like going from 15 to 50 in two seconds. After about 20 of those blasts, the rings seated up pretty well and the temp never climbed over 160. My wife won't let me run it in the garage cause it knocks shit off the walls at an idle.

Users who are viewing this thread