Rumor! or is it?

mrGT

Established Member
Oh No!! If true, besides breaking a lot of hearts that are waiting for the Mach or Bullet, I can just see the price of the Shelby going UP.....dammit!! I sure hope this has a real good chance of just being a rumor!!

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I've only ever heard that the Adrenalin was INTENDED for production, never committed to. As far as a new Mach, Boss or Bullitt... never heard anything except speculation from a few of the new SVT crowd. :shrug:

mrGT

Established Member
Even if the Mach, Boss, or Bullet were only speculations, it was the "hope" of all enthusiastic Mustangers.....and killing the hope, just rips the heart right out of ya.

~

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
mrGT said:
and killing the hope, just rips the heart right out of ya.
Already had that done when they cancelled the gen3 Lightning... so I've been numb to any other possibilities since then. :bored:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I'm betting Rumor. Ford isn't going to cut the Mustangs anyway. They are selling very well. A SE will reignite the flame for some of the Mustangers that don't want a $40k Shelby.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
honestly, this wouldnt surprise me if it were true. and if it is the truth then this could very well mean that SVT is getting cut. which wouldnt surprise me. how hard is it to see why chrysler is so succesful??? it started with an engine(the "hemi", duh!) and 2 RWD cars(300/magnum). what happened? sales exploded. then they came out with the SRTs, and they plastered those all over the TV screen(and still are). and what is happening? they are selling cars left and right. i cant go anywhere with out seeing a 300/magnum/charger around. what do i see from ford? mustangs. mustangs. thats all they have. TAKE THE HINT FORD, BRING BACK THE HURRICANE PROJECT, REDESIGN THE CROWN VIC, AND GIVE US A FEW OTHER RWD CARS!!!! if ford did this, i bet they would recover(and then some) in almost half the time they are planning for.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
may i ask where the rumor came from? i really hope its not true (obviously) the cancelation of these mustangs would be a major let down to everyone. mainly because it wasnt a matter of if these cars would be produced, but when and under what name.

as for the adrenalin, that wouldnt suprise me because i havent heard much, if anything, about it since it was introduced.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
honestly, this wouldnt surprise me if it were true. and if it is the truth then this could very well mean that SVT is getting cut. which wouldnt surprise me. how hard is it to see why chrysler is so succesful??? it started with an engine(the "hemi", duh!) and 2 RWD cars(300/magnum). what happened? sales exploded. then they came out with the SRTs, and they plastered those all over the TV screen(and still are). and what is happening? they are selling cars left and right. i cant go anywhere with out seeing a 300/magnum/charger around. what do i see from ford? mustangs. mustangs. thats all they have. TAKE THE HINT FORD, BRING BACK THE HURRICANE PROJECT, REDESIGN THE CROWN VIC, AND GIVE US A FEW OTHER RWD CARS!!!! if ford did this, i bet they would recover(and then some) in almost half the time they are planning for.

Well actually you have to remember one important thing. Chrysler isnt one of like 10 car companies together.

Its just them and benz. Ford has to budget its money from, mecury, volvo, jaguaur, mazda etc etc. Considering that even those companies are sturgging, its putting a bigger hurt on Ford in general. So basically ford became to big and they are strugging now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Ford has canceled the New adrenaline , Mach and the bullet!

Tim :cuss:

yea and i bet they pushed the new ranger back to 2020 as well. :bash:

back on topic, i have no doubt that ford killed the adrenaline. i also believe that ford does not see the need to spend the extra millions to get another specialized mustang to market with the current v6, gt, and new gt500 selling great with no rebates in sight.

however ford is sadly mistaken if they feel they can not only survive but thrive in this new very competitive u.s. market without a couple a special vehicles. these vehicles not only have a habit of enlightening the outsiders, but gaining a reputation that can become greatly exaggerated. and that is what brings the customers to the showrooms.

off topic - a 300hp turbo-charged all wheel drive fusion would be sweet. :rockon:

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
JiggaStyles09 said:
may i ask where the rumor came from? i really hope its not true (obviously) the cancelation of these mustangs would be a major let down to everyone. mainly because it wasnt a matter of if these cars would be produced, but when and under what name.

as for the adrenalin, that wouldnt suprise me because i havent heard much, if anything, about it since it was introduced.

It's really not a rumor, it's true! I can't tell you where i got the info! But it's true. As with most of the stuff I post, time will show it to be true! Sorry! :(

Tim

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
It's really not a rumor, it's true! I can't tell you where i got the info! But it's true. As with most of the stuff I post, time will show it to be true! Sorry! :(

Tim

well i was afraid you were going to say that seeing that all your other inside info has been pretty darn reliable.

LR 01 Cobra said:
I haven't herd anything on the Boss! As far as I know it's still a go! But I really don't know!

Tim
that is at least a bit of halfway promising news, 1 SE mustang is a lot better than 0.

mrGT

Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR 01 Cobra
I haven't herd anything on the Boss! As far as I know it's still a go! But I really don't know!

Tim

that is at least a bit of halfway promising news, 1 SE mustang is a lot better than 0.
+1

chuckstang

Established Member
wow, I wander when the time will come when all of us are not driving a mustang anymore.
Oh well, it's Ford's own fault not the customers.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
JiggaStyles09 said:
well i was afraid you were going to say that seeing that all your other inside info has been pretty darn reliable.

+1

+1

Sad news re: Mach1 & Bullitt. Couldn't they just slap an NA 5.4 in a GT with badges & call it a Mach (more or less)? Cheap money for a new variant, IMHO. Just roll it out after the Boss. :thumbsup:
Why would they cut off se's of one of their most popular vehicles? It's baffling! :shrug:

Last edited:

blksn8k

Established Member
I'm beginning to wonder if Ford is planning to back out of the performance biz altogether and leave it to the Saleens and Roushes of the world. If either of them would build something like the Adrenalin I would be all over it. Otherwise I have probably bought my last new Ford for the forseeable future. Sad sad :(

Antagon

Established Member
crispy23c said:
+1

Sad news re: Mach1 & Bullitt. Couldn't they just slap an NA 5.4 in a GT with badges & call it a Mach (more or less)? Cheap money for a new variant, IMHO. Just roll it out after the Boss. :thumbsup:
Why would they cut off se's of one of their most popular vehicles? It's baffling! :shrug:

I dont see how hard it would be to tweak the old Mach motor and shove it in an 07 stang, shaker and all.

Tony Alonso

Established Member
I could see them delaying another Mustang variant until the next freshening, which according to speculation is for model year 2009 (end of calendar year 2008). From a product lifecycle standpoint, it would make sense to commit the money closer to that time rather than now. I could see the GT500 being produced from June 2006 until sometime in 2008. Since there is a Caliornia Special package for model year 2007 (calendar year June 2006), there really is not that much development time left for something in between.

I suppose Ford's current financial status needs to stabilize more before a better business case can be made for something between the GT and GT500.

Black99GT

Established Member
blksn8k said:
I'm beginning to wonder if Ford is planning to back out of the performance biz altogether and leave it to the Saleens and Roushes of the world. If either of them would build something like the Adrenalin I would be all over it. Otherwise I have probably bought my last new Ford for the forseeable future. Sad sad :(
I highly doubt that. This is the same FoMoCo that just released a 475 hp pony car with no competition in sight. The same one that released a 550 hp "supercar" not long ago to fight Europe's best. The same one that developed a race-only version of their new pony car to run against BMWs and Porsches... doesn't sound like a company with no performance aspirations to me. If for some reason they do give up and leave performance to the likes of Saleen and Roush, my interests with turn to Chevys. That would be shockingly stupid of Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread