Run against new civic turboed

LoLO

Established Member
Alright I have an 06 Mustang GT with CAI tune and pulleys.

Yesterday evening around 8, I was at a red light with next to me what appeared to be a new honda civic, new wheels (black), bright white lights, etc.. So I thought to myself..ok, an easy pray.

The light turns green, I am waiting for him to hit it, the first 3secondes we both went as if we were not racing, but then I hear his engine going to a much higher rpm, therefore I hit it right after him. As my car is an automatic, and I was going at a bad speed (around 20mph or 25) when I floored it, it didn't downshift, it felt like I was already in 3th so I had to wait for the power to arrive. Even then, we were dead even, then I hear the noise of a very loud turbo (the aspiration noise..), at that time I was at a good rpm, around 3 or 4, and we were still next to each other. as I arrive at 5rpm I was pulling away from him, half a car, but I needed more because of the incoming traffic I needed to pass him, or to break ! I chose to pass him, at around 80mph I was more than a car away from him and I was able to pass him.

I think that if we started the race right at the light I would have pulled on him much harder, although I know that turboed civics can be hard to kill.

I am soon getting 4.10 gears so tell me, I would have pulled much harder on him with 4.10 right ? ;) Thank you for listening.

SMMONROE

My cousin has a 06 Si w/c.a.i. It is no match for my wife's 06 gt automatic. I would imagine a turbo would make that car scoot though. Jury is still out on the 4.10's have not got my installed yet.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Sweet, always good to take out a Turbo Civak. You would have drugg him bad if you floored it from the light. If its possible you should have put it in first and manually shifted.

UrS4

Established Member
4.10s might be too much for autos, I see many of them going with 3.73s.
4.10s aren't bad by any means but I guess it depends on if you are a highway cruiser or if you car is a weekend toy.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
I have 4.10s in my 4speed auto. :shrug: 5 speed is even better although 1st would be major wheel spin for you and your overdrive gear is not quite as overdriven as mine (only by .2).

Cruise at 70mph should be around 2700rpm for you (while 2600 for me).

Tman

Established Member
My friend has 4.10s in his 05GT auto and simply loves them. He drives the car a lot both on highways and in the city. It really pulls hard especially from a dig.:)

Users who are viewing this thread