Run in with a new GTO

04HillzGT

Established Member
I didn't know they made those things in automatic. Though I can't say I understand why someone would get an automatic, anyways. Coming home on the highway last night wasn't too crowded and I see something weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch me. We both get stuck behind 2 cars in front of us and I see that it's a new GTO I'm like oh sh*t time to get my ass handed to me. I ended up finding an opening through the crowd first with nothing but open road in front of me. I'm like f*ck it I know I'll get my ass kicked straight up he can come catch me. Downshifted to 4th took off at about 80 by the time he was free of traffic I had a good 1.5-2 car lead. I didn't hold back just put my foot down and let her go, held him off, he closed the gap to about a car length but at no point did he even come close to pulling even. By the time I looked down at the speedometer I'm doing 145 :uh oh: and I shut down waited for him to pull up looked over gives me the thumbs up and a nod and took my exit. Now I know what I did wasn't really fair but I didn't jump out to a 5 car lead and I held a lot better than I would but it's gonna take a few more mods before I run one one straight up. Oh well another 2 weeks and I should have enough for the NX system we'll see what happens then :-D

Last edited:

Dbrayman

Established Member
Now that I have the 9#intercooled KB , mac long tubes, off ropad H pipe & SLP exhaust. Should be fun if I ever run into one good
job though :coolman:

JNY XXX

Originally posted by 04HillzGT
yea I noticed that went back and edited the whole thing sorry :bash:

LOL - no need to apologize or edit; I'm not the punctuation police. :) It was just exhausting reading that massive run-on sentence. :beer:

04HillzGT

Established Member
you cobra guys could probably handle one stock but with a KB man don't even bother go looking for those t-88 supras

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Hey hills, I have about the same setup on my cobra as you do on your gt.....4.10gears etc..... go with a 100 shot of N20. That should help alot. I am going to get a little Zex kit in the near future, while I am saving to do the bottom end and get a blower....

jason1320

Established Member
you cobra guys could probably handle one stock but with a KB man don't even bother go looking for those t-88 supras

No contest! My buddy bought one of these about a month ago and we ran. Neither of us had anything but a CAI and I spanked the crap out of him. Not only does it have less horsepower, but the thing weighs a ton. I mean it comes from the factory with two 8" subs!!! Even in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords they said a Mach1 could beat it or at least hang dead even with equal drivers. I am a bit surprised the GT could hang, although did look at his mods before writing this post. Either he's not stock or the the GTO driver wasn't trying very hard. :coolman:

Last edited:

04HillzGT

Established Member
Originally posted by jason1320
I am a bit surprised the GT could hang, although did look at his mods before writing this post. Either he's not stock or the the GTO driver wasn't trying very hard. :coolman:

I'm not stock but not modded to the point that I could take a GTO straight up like I said I took about a 2 car lead to begin with however whether or not he was trying is not in question because if I'm doing 145 and you're just a car behind you're definitely going at it

CLUTCH

Established Member
Nice run. 145mph , dam:rockon:

Alot of A4 GTOs out there. It's not as bad as the fbody was with 2.73 rear. Auto GTO comes with the 3.46 rear and a higher stall than the fbodies did. Yeah it weights some (same as a Vert 03 Cobra:p ).

I would say he was on it if you ran to 145.

Good race.

quad

Established Member
I didn't know they made those things in automatic. Though I can't say I understand why someone would get an automatic, anyways. Coming home on the highway last night wasn't too crowded and I see something weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch me. We both get stuck behind 2 cars in front of us and I see that it's a new GTO I'm like oh sh*t time to get my ass handed to me. I ended up finding an opening through the crowd first with nothing but open road in front of me. I'm like f*ck it I know I'll get my ass kicked straight up he can come catch me. Downshifted to 4th took off at about 80 by the time he was free of traffic I had a good 1.5-2 car lead. I didn't hold back just put my foot down and let her go, held him off, he closed the gap to about a car length but at no point did he even come close to pulling even. By the time I looked down at the speedometer I'm doing 145 :uh oh: and I shut down waited for him to pull up looked over gives me the thumbs up and a nod and took my exit. Now I know what I did wasn't really fair but I didn't jump out to a 5 car lead and I held a lot better than I would but it's gonna take a few more mods before I run one one straight up. Oh well another 2 weeks and I should have enough for the NX system we'll see what happens then :-D

This is unrelated to cars - what filter did you use to get that sketch effect in Photoshop? It looks cool! The reason I ask is because I have to do something like that at work for a project...

04HillzGT

Established Member
haha yeah I love that picture it wasn't photoshop it was actually a program that came with my buddy's new digicam

modthispny

Established Member
When I was reading the story I asked my self why you didn't shift into 3rd at 80..but then I saw that you had 4.10. :)

04HillzGT

Established Member
Originally posted by modthispny
When I was reading the story I asked my self why you didn't shift into 3rd at 80..but then I saw that you had 4.10. :)

for us GT guys 4.10's are the shit definitely HIGHLY recommend them

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
145 w/ 4.10's ???? w/ 3.73's in my coupe and my tremec I'm at redline at 145 ish. What the redline on the 4.6 SOHC's?? Good run anyway. I stopped at the local dealership to peek at one...they look good, every year when I go to Australia I always get a kick out of the Holden's and the four door Ford Falcon's. I expect to see a 5.0 stang come around the corner....instead there is a four door falcon...cool

I Kill Mustangs

I would think the GTO would have pulled if you hadn't have jumped.. the A4 is a complete SLUG from a roll so keep that in mind. It's a different story from a dig though.
oh and the 2.73 rears can be viscious if you go up against the right (or wrong) Fbody.
Good kill! I bet the GTO guy was hanging his head!

Users who are viewing this thread