Runners: Who has experience with Injinji socks? Looking to fix toe blisters

hb712

Established Member
Does anyone here have an experience with Injinji socks? I just started increasing my mileage and frequency and am suffering through a couple nasty blisters on my baby toes, since they curl under the adjacent toe. I'm already wearing good running shoes with enough room in the toe box, and taping/wrapping the toes has had a negligible effect. I'm looking specifically at the Injini socks to try to fix this based on some research, but I'd love to hear some reviews or other advice from here.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I run with them and only with them. They are a little expensive but I have about 5 pairs currently. Had to throw away 2 pairs since I;ve been using them since 2009.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have been thru the sock and insert game, my feet have toughened up through years of running and rarely get a blister, though I still do from time to time. I run mostly in Thorlo padded running socks (experia), its padded in the toe and heal. I am forefoot striker and that's where I tend to get blisters, on the toes or near them. You may have nice running shoes, but do they really fit correctly? I spent a fortune with a podiatrist trying to figure this out along with arch issues, not necessarily advocating that route as even pricey 300 custom inserts did not do much to help at the time. I started running several shoes from various companies, new balance, mizuno, nike, brooks and found Asics to work the best for me. I buy several pairs when I find a model that works well for me. As far as inserts I just find one with plenty of arch support for my flat ass feet.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I run with them and only with them. They are a little expensive but I have about 5 pairs currently. Had to throw away 2 pairs since I;ve been using them since 2009.

A good sock should last a few years, they better when just a pair can easily be more than 10 bucks. I might have to try these Injinji socks out, they appear to be a little cheaper than the throlos I usually buy.

hb712

Established Member
I ended up picking up a pair of Injinji socks today at my local running store. I'm looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

I have been thru the sock and insert game, my feet have toughened up through years of running and rarely get a blister, though I still do from time to time. I run mostly in Thorlo padded running socks (experia), its padded in the toe and heal. I am forefoot striker and that's where I tend to get blisters, on the toes or near them. You may have nice running shoes, but do they really fit correctly? I spent a fortune with a podiatrist trying to figure this out along with arch issues, not necessarily advocating that route as even pricey 300 custom inserts did not do much to help at the time. I started running several shoes from various companies, new balance, mizuno, nike, brooks and found Asics to work the best for me. I buy several pairs when I find a model that works well for me. As far as inserts I just find one with plenty of arch support for my flat ass feet.

I can't say with absolute certainty that they fit correctly, but they do to the best of my knowledge. I had a running store do the fit and have been very happy with them since. This is the first time I've gotten blisters with these shoes, and they already alleviated my normal shin splints. I'm hoping the recent issues are due to increased demand put on my relatively weak-ass feet.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I almost never get blisters from running in proper running shoes, but I have suffered from blisters numerous times while ruck marching in boots so the concept is the same. The socks will probably make a difference since it separates each toe. In the mean time you can try using Leukotape on both toes that are rubbing against each other. I started using leukotape on the backs of my heals when I ruck march and blisters are no longer a problem. Its not the same as going to walmart and getting cheap, paper medical tape. You will likely need to go to a medical supply store to get some but if you can't find any then kinesio tape should work just as well. These kinds of tape's are very durable as I had the same strip of tape on my heals for 72 hours while out in the field.

Charliesgramps

Established Member
I used them when I had a pair of 5-Fingers. Used them a couple times in regular shoes and they seemed to work well at reducing blisters.

hb712

Established Member
I almost never get blisters from running in proper running shoes, but I have suffered from blisters numerous times while ruck marching in boots so the concept is the same. The socks will probably make a difference since it separates each toe. In the mean time you can try using Leukotape on both toes that are rubbing against each other. I started using leukotape on the backs of my heals when I ruck march and blisters are no longer a problem. Its not the same as going to walmart and getting cheap, paper medical tape. You will likely need to go to a medical supply store to get some but if you can't find any then kinesio tape should work just as well. These kinds of tape's are very durable as I had the same strip of tape on my heals for 72 hours while out in the field.

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Military guys who ruck all the time typically have awesome foot advice. The way I drain blisters (needle and thread) to get back on my feet came from some SF guys, and it's a life saver when you need to be up and moving.

Users who are viewing this thread