Running 9's on a STOCK 302

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0301MM_silver_turbo_1987_mustang/

i thought this was a pretty cool article. i've been wondering about how far i can take a stock 302. this guy ran 9's with it. i know its a time bomb, but he did really well with the set-up. low to mid 9's for $5000??!! thats pretty cool. i'm building a 302 turbo coupe this summer. i found some good info on how to do it from this so i thought i would share.

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
yeah he did a nice job. really researched every lil detail and ran it safe (if thats possible lol).

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Very Nice...but again he's only making 540rwhp turbo horsepower, so there isn't as much stress on the block, but none the less its still bad ass for somebody to do that...Im sure he was a lot of weight reduction and a good bit os suspension..

Last edited:

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
sam92lx said:
Very Nice...but again he's only making 540rwhp turbo horsepower, so there isn't as much stress on the block, but none the less its still bad ass for somebody to do that...Im sure he was a lot of weight reduction and a good bit os suspension..

nah, if you read the part where he is talking about running the low 10's, he was still on stock shocks and suspension:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread