running a 93 octane tune with a diablo intune i1000 tuner how do i richen it up?

kellyoc

Eluder Racing
Established Member
I know I know you all are like wtf is this guy dumb? actually I'm not lol but I have to ask because this tuner makes no sense to me. I have a 2002 lightning I bought a diablo tuner its the intune i1000 looks like a iPhone. I installed the 93 octane tune at the same time as a new supercharger belt mine was worn and minor slippage. took truck out and I think I am hearing pinging/spark knock and I also got a CEL pulled code said I had a lean condition. so I hooked up my tuner went into the interface under adjustable paramaters and found the adjustment for WOT from like 1.5k to 3k and then 3k to like 6k don't hold me to the values but you get the idea in both those parameters there is a graph says lean to the left of the screen then says rich at the right of the screen. if I make an adjustment to the rich the graph turns red in color and I can go to I thnk 15% value if I move it towards the lean or left side it turns blue and the value will go to -15% so my question is this if I am running lean and want to add fuel which way do I go to richen my WOT fuel mixture. just so you know I went to the right "rich" to the max of 15% for both RPM's and I took out the truck and I feel like its worse. I don't want to keep messing with it until I hear from someone who actually has this tuner and can help. I don't have a wide band just a autometer A/F gauge and at full throttle its not pegging the gauge into the rich its lighting 2 or 3 of the bars just into rich from stoich.

Dusten

Established Member
I highly doubt your lean condition is from the tuner. Lean is set when the truck is commanding a set number and isn't seeing it. You can tell the truck to command a very lean afr and if its seeing what its commanding it won't show up as lean.
Was the code 0171 or 174?

kellyoc

Eluder Racing
Established Member
I'm not saying the lean condition is from the tuner my lean condition is from all the add-on's I have on my truck. my post was asking how to use the tuner to richen up my truck at Wide Open Throttle to get rid of my lean condition. If my memory serves correct my code was a 0171

Dusten

Established Member
I'm not saying the lean condition is from the tuner my lean condition is from all the add-on's I have on my truck. my post was asking how to use the tuner to richen up my truck at Wide Open Throttle to get rid of my lean condition. If my memory serves correct my code was a 0171
I'm telling you that's not the case. You're lean on one bank. I'd look for a vacuum leak on that side our a bad o2. That said if you feel lie ****ing with the tune good luck. What do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread