Running larger injectors on stock tune?

Squeeler92

Was talking to a friend of mine and he's running substantially larger injectors on a stock tune (60lbs v. I believe the stock 36lbs or something along those lines). Anywho, he put them on so he wouldn't have to have his installer do them, easy mod to do yourself. However, is it safe? I always thought larger injectors didn't dump huge amounts of fuel into the engine until called upon, hence why you shouldn't see a dramatic drop in gas mileage with new, larger injectors. Some say it will flood the cylinders, bad for the bearings, etc etc. You folks think he'll be ok for a 2hr cruise to his installer? It'll obviously be taken easy, better to be safe tho.

Thanks in advance

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
hey, you absolutely need a new tune for new injectors. it simply won't run correctly if you slap them in and start the car. they will flood.. badly. Have his tuner mail him a "base tune" to get there and that's that.

good luck n00b

wrong forum. btw

-lex

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I would drive it to the tuner but thats me, I would look at the oil afterward and make a judgement call.
I think what you said about the computer compensating somewhat is true, I mean the car has 4 02 sensors and a MAF I would think it would detect a lil extra gas and attempt to comp that out by lowering the MS the injector is open.
Flood out I dont know it isnt carbed but it could load a little at idle and maybe blow a bit black. Hydrolock the cylinders, no, 2 hours aint crap. Drive like grand-mah

Users who are viewing this thread