running nitrous

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
taking a break from buying parts for the cobra next week and getting a zex nitrous kit. i am still unsure about wet or dry because there are mixed opinions on the subject but i do know alot of my buddies are running wet and never had a problem. my main question is do i need a dyno tune to run nitrous on my gt? it's a 1996 and has the stock plastic intake. i am hoping to break into the 13s on juice.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Go wet kit, I have never liked the fact that dry kits make the cars computer realize it needs more fuel. You should be fine without a dyno tune if you run just a 100 shot but more than that i would have a tune

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
Go wet kit, I have never liked the fact that dry kits make the cars computer realize it needs more fuel. You should be fine without a dyno tune if you run just a 100 shot but more than that i would have a tune

sweet. what about the stock fuel system? i know the wet kit taps into the fuel lines so will i need to upgrade the pump or no? do you think i will have a problem with blowing the plastic intake to pieces. i plan on going to the strip on the 24th and i'm driving the car there.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
People blow intakes when they spray at too low of an rpm. Run a window switch and spray above 3000 or so and you'll be fine. Drop in a 255 fuel pump and fuel filter and run 93 octane. You'll be okay.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
People blow intakes when they spray at too low of an rpm. Run a window switch and spray above 3000 or so and you'll be fine. Drop in a 255 fuel pump and fuel filter and run 93 octane. You'll be okay.

already changed the filter so just the pump then? is this a return style fuel system? i don't remember.

F8L BYT

Established Member
already changed the filter so just the pump then? is this a return style fuel system? i don't remember.

I have stock fuel pump and I'm running a 100 Shot wet, but if you can afford it add a fuel pump. And no your car is returnless but it quint matter since your not going to be making that much power

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
I have stock fuel pump and I'm running a 100 Shot wet, but if you can afford it add a fuel pump. And no your car is returnless but it quint matter since your not going to be making that much power

how is your a/f ratio looking? did you get a tune? do you have an adjustable fuel regulator?

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
how is your a/f ratio looking? did you get a tune? do you have an adjustable fuel regulator?

I don't know what my a/f is but it seems fine, I have gone through plenty of bottles. I have a sniper tuner and I pulled 2 degrees of timing throughout. No adjustable regulator either. My car has gone a best of 12.1 @ 115 with a shitty 1.79 60' and with only 100 shot, gears, and midpipe really

Users who are viewing this thread