Rust Ring Around The Rotor

speednutz

Established Member
Just curious to know what you all do to keep away or get rid of that ugly rust ring around the rotor?

You know, that rust ring that appears on the rotor outside of where the brake caliper rides.

Pic of what I'm talking about:
View attachment 8292

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
since rust is a chemical reaction and nothing contacts the rotor there to rub it off, just don't worry about it, it happens on almost every car unless they put a rotor that has a special coating over every inch of it.

VaporDude

Established Member
If you really want to get rid of that rust, get some rust inhibitor that you brush on and is heat resistant and some caliper paint. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about that.

Imatk

Established Member
It's steel, it's going to rust.

You can swap out your rotors for Zinc coated rotors that won't rust... but kind of pricey to eliminate minor surface rust.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
On my TBSS I painted those areas. Its my DD so it sees rain and doesn't get washed as often as I would like... 6 months now and no rust at all.

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
I cleaned mine with CLR (Calcium Lime and Rust) Remover, which I purchased from Home Depot, and then sprayed it with the Dupli-Color Silver found at any AutoZone or Kragen

Users who are viewing this thread