Rusted out brake line...

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
I went to leave for work the other morning and I had no pedal and a puddle under the front of the car. On closer inspection, I found one of the steel brake lines under the radiator had a pinhole leak in it. Working on getting it back together, but I was wondering, has this happened to any of you guys?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I had an exhaust pipe rub through the rear line once. Its pretty simple to bend and flare new lines though. Are the fronts hard line or bendable, braided line?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
I'm IRS and when I went to do the swap my old lines were so rusted I just replaced them all. NAPA has hard lines in the store or you can order them from here. As it turns out we have the same brake lines as VW dun buggy's

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
I got the new section of in and bled the whole system from master cylinder to each wheel. Brake pedal feels good, but I didn't take it out on the road yet. I got to take it thru state inspection before the middle of September, so I hope everything is ok. Darnit, I'm gonna have to put catted h pipe on for a couple days for my inspection...lol.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I had an exhaust pipe rub through the rear line once. Its pretty simple to bend and flare new lines though. Are the fronts hard line or bendable, braided line?

I had that happen one time while I was going down the road. Not a very fun experience. Luckily I knew where a wrecked one was and snatched the one off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread