Rusty spark plug #3

mingrey302

Established Member
:shrug::shrug:The car has been losing alot of water and i opened up the valve covers and took of the plugs and #3 is rusty. Now what does that suppose to mean.

mingrey302

Established Member
it the 2nd picture very dry. i heated the car up i redid heads and 2500miles later this happens.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Yeah definitely sounds like a blown headgasket (most likely) or even a cracked head or block... Do you have a compression tester? It would be good to see what your compression looks like...

Some checks to see if your car is burning the coolant:
-Is the exhaust white?
-Does the exhaust have a sweet smell?
-Let the car sit overnight and have someone else start it while you watch the engine. If you notice it stumble when it first starts up you are definitely burning coolant, the coolant in that cylinder caused it to misfire and stumble...

Last edited:

mingrey302

Established Member
The coolant sits overnight cause it to misfire and when it turns on it drys it runs better.
Is that about right.(Eviltwins)

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Yeah if you can notice the engine stumbling when it first starts up after sitting overnight... It will go away almost immediately usually.

mingrey302

Established Member
I took it in yesterday and we found a couple of sensors off. One temperture sensor and cylinder #6 was out. I replaced all the plugs with motorcraft plugs and that cylinder and sensor man the car runs great again. No ticks or anything. The prevoius time the mechanic had put some Autolie spark plugs maybe that was a problem. Can it be?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
If you were losing coolant you definitely have some kind of problem that has nothing to do with spark plugs or sensors..

What's this about no ticks? So it was ticking before??

mingrey302

Established Member
Yea like it had a misfire and then replacing that stuff sounds quiet starts on the dime and boost kicks hard. The car feels like the first time I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread