RWHP predictions and advice

shelbygt500hoss

Established Member
I’m thinking about going 2 ways with my 09 GT500, would like some HP predictions and some advice

1st option
VMP Gen 2R 2.5 upper
VMP 67mm TB
JLT 123 intake
56lb injectors
VMP BAP
Stainless steel off-road xpipe
93 octane each

2nd option
VMP Gen 2R 2.4 upper
VMP 67mm TB
JLT 123 intake
56lb injectors
VMP BAP
ARH 2 inch LT headers 3 inch xpipe

I really don’t want to make 700+ to the RWHP but I feel like 2nd option will make that. And I’m a bit worried about running 2 inch LT headers on the street, if anyone runs them let me know your setup. I live in a small town don’t want every cop pulling me over lol it’s already pretty loud with the x pipe, I could imagine with them. Thoughts, advice, predictions would be greatly appreciated

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Why not both?
the only difference is the headers and smaller pulley, you can just start with option 1 and when the time comes go with option 2.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Email me if I can assist you.

Www.venomousconsulting.com
I’m thinking about going 2 ways with my 09 GT500, would like some HP predictions and some advice

1st option
VMP Gen 2R 2.5 upper
VMP 67mm TB
JLT 123 intake
56lb injectors
VMP BAP
Stainless steel off-road xpipe
93 octane each

2nd option
VMP Gen 2R 2.4 upper
VMP 67mm TB
JLT 123 intake
56lb injectors
VMP BAP
ARH 2 inch LT headers 3 inch xpipe

I really don’t want to make 700+ to the RWHP but I feel like 2nd option will make that. And I’m a bit worried about running 2 inch LT headers on the street, if anyone runs them let me know your setup. I live in a small town don’t want every cop pulling me over lol it’s already pretty loud with the x pipe, I could imagine with them. Thoughts, advice, predictions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

reeve_ryan

Established Member
Always go with headers. I would use 1”7/8 Dynatech, fitment and quality are excellent.
Your car will not be any louder however, the tone will smoothen out and you will drop boost while picking up power. Also I would stick to the 2.5 upper on 93 unless BJ says otherwise.

shelbygt500hoss

Established Member
Why not both?
the only difference is the headers and smaller pulley, you can just start with option 1 and when the time comes go with option 2.
Ya I just don’t want any issues down the road. I’ve heard the 2.4pulley wears the tensioners down over time

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You're welcome to call my office to discuss but guesses about power are a waste of time.

It's going to depend on far more than the sum of the parts.

352-800-4407 9a-5p eastern
Ok thanks, I seen some ppl saying it does didn’t know for sure. What numbers do you think it’ll make? Is there anything I should worried about later down the road with that setup?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread