?'s about the benefits of aftermarket shifters

RJCobra

Established Member
OK, I have read through all the previous posts about shifters but I still have a few questions before I buy.
I know they provide a shorter throw, but do they cause "smoother" shifts (ie, less effort required to push or pull the shifter into gear)?
Is the "noise" people talk about with aftermarket shifters the "click" when shiting into a certain gear or is it more just rattling noise while driving down the road in gear?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
if your curious whether or not you should get one........just do it.......I guaranttee you wont regret it.....

stop thinking too hard and get it.....you can thank me later.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
What Cobraccc said...but to answer your questions in my opinion the shifts are not so much smoother but rather more shure and precise which in the end makes them quicker.The noise is more of a "whirling" sound of the gears in motion....:coolman:

Last edited:

King03Cobra

Established Member
The aftermarket shifters are definitely more firm and solid feeling. I didn't think it was a big deal and was ok with the factory shifter. But once I got an aftermarket shifter (Steeda) I then understood what all the other guys were saying about them. It is well worth it, you will feel the quality difference immediately.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I know they provide a shorter throw, but do they cause "smoother" shifts (ie, less effort required to push or pull the shifter into gear)?

Depends...some folks complain still that they have that Notchy Feeling. Firewall Adjuster & Quadrant help out a bit with the Notchy feel & u can adjust the engagement with it to ur desire.

Faster Shifts & shouldnt miss gears....but i had issues with getting into 3rd gear smoothly unlike 2nd & 4th gear.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
if your curious whether or not you should get one........just do it.......I guaranttee you wont regret it.....

stop thinking too hard and get it.....you can thank me later.

YEAH. What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread