S550 Carbon - GT350 Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Things have been super busy lately. Work, family, and car. I had the good fortune of getting in contact with Dan from S550 Carbon through Instagram. They are a mustang enthusiast company out of Ohio with a focus on carbon fiber components for S550 Mustang platform. The company actually ended up sponsoring my car as they are looking to move into the GT350 market. I am working with them on developing a rear diffuser and some other products. From time to time I will be testing out some of their components and reviewing them on material quality, ease of install, design, and fitment.

The product I just installed from them is their carbon fiber side mirror covers. Initial impressions out of the box are great. The carbon fiber weaving is flawless, great luster, and very light. Much better than the dull carbon fiber wrap I had on the mirrors, and comparable in price.

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

Installation was very straight forward. Double sided tape to attach them over the factory gloss black mirrors. Several strategically placed pieces of tape for the most contact and to prevent them from ripping off if you brush past the mirror with your clothing. S550 Carbon sends you all the components you need for install, but no instructions since there isn't a "wrong" way to do this per se. Below are some pics of what I did.

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

Be sure to wipe everything with the alcohol wipe before placing any tape and let it air dry. I recommend seating the bottom of the mirror cap first and then rotating it on to the top portion. Going to want to ensure the mirror is fully recessed into the pocket of the cap before you engage all the tape. Once they are all mated up keep even pressure on the taped areas with both hands for at least 60 seconds.

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0729.jpg

Install altogether took me 30 minutes, and that includes me explaining to the wife why I was in the garage at 10pm. The fitment is SPOT ON. Retail on these is $169 and worth the cost in my opinion. S550 Carbon is still building its web page but If anyone is interested in ordering let me know and I will get you in contact with Dan, as well as 5% off your order. S550 Carbon has several other offerings for the GT350 interior/exterior as well. R style wing, GT350 CF steering wheel, CF tail light bezels, CF decklid panel, CF trunk, CF interior kit, and CF gas cap. I will be reviewing some of their other items shortly as I decide what will look good on the car.

:cheers:

Mrc5.0

Established Member
Ohh, these would look great with the carbon fiber roof wrap I just had installed. However I swore to my self I would never again use anything with double sided tape. There always seems to be a reason to take it off, and that's a huge pain.
These do look great though!! I wonder how hard it would be to make the actual mirror cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The attention to detail is pretty darn impressive. Nice hardware for a gorgeous ride.

saleencobra

Established Member
Nice!! I sent them a msg as well. If they needed An R somewhat local for bigger stuff. Those look great!!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Ohh, these would look great with the carbon fiber roof wrap I just had installed. However I swore to my self I would never again use anything with double sided tape. There always seems to be a reason to take it off, and that's a huge pain.
These do look great though!! I wonder how hard it would be to make the actual mirror cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good question. I wonder how Ford has the black painted piece attached to the mirror. Whether it be clips or screws. Im not brave enough to disassemble mine
The attention to detail is pretty darn impressive. Nice hardware for a gorgeous ride.
Thanks Tob. I could use some stainless steel hardware for my brakes also "hint hint"
Very nice!
Appreciate it. I am enjoying them so far
Nice!! I sent them a msg as well. If they needed An R somewhat local for bigger stuff. Those look great!!
I haven't gotten a PM from you yet, but i will send you some info to make sure you get the 5% off. They are looking to develop more stuff for the car so that is good you are close.

Here is another pic after some chemical guys jet seal and coat of wax.

DSC_0767.jpg

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
That actually fits way better than expected.

If they had a mirror to make a mold, why did they not just make a full replacement? IE you had to disassemble mirror to install?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
That actually fits way better than expected.

If they had a mirror to make a mold, why did they not just make a full replacement? IE you had to disassemble mirror to install?
No disassembly involved in this. My only guess is most owners probably don't want to deal with disassembling the side view mirrors to install these. Popping off the glass and breaking it or damaging the motor is maybe more trouble than it would be worth compared to just being able to buy one from another company that simply sticks on.
Looks pretty good.

Thanks Sid!

Users who are viewing this thread