S550 Nay-sayers turned S550 owners

Branhammer

Established Member
So how many S550 owners in here hated them when they first came out and swore you would never get rid of your 2011-2014 for one? Haha just curious. It seems like a lot of new edge guys did the same thing back in 2005.

Personally, I loved both the 2011-2014 and the S550. I just had never bought a new car and I knew that this was the time. And for all-around performance, the S550 was the way to go. Plus the interior is ridiculously nice for a $30k, 400+bhp car with IRS.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I was until I saw mine in person. The S550 did not photograph well during their launch imo.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was iffy on them when pics were first released but waited until I saw it in person before deciding whether I liked it or not. Saw it for the first time at the Houston Auto Show Jan of last year and loved it immediately. I knew it wouldn't be long before I owned one.

StangMan04

Established Member
Wasn't a fan but when I was rear-ended and my 2013 was totaled, I started looking for new cars and dealers who still had new 2014s were asking more than I felt was worth it with 2015s being in full production. So I went with a S550. Though I still don't have it yet.

boduke0220

Established Member
Not an owner...yet but the Pre production pics were horrendous to me. Then 2 weeks ago I saw a Black Base model with Brembos at a local gas station and the guy let me check it out and now im in love lol

Freakingstang

Established Member
Not an owner...yet but the Pre production pics were horrendous to me. Then 2 weeks ago I saw a Black Base model with Brembos at a local gas station and the guy let me check it out and now im in love lol

This... and then I got to ride in it....

Those pre production pics were horrible though...

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Seriously considering trading my 14 in on a 15. Sucks I bought and installed the MGW though. At least I wouldn't have to on the 15 as it does shift quite a bit better. I couldn't shift to 4th at WOT, and it wasn't me trust me.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Seriously considering trading my 14 in on a 15. Sucks I bought and installed the MGW though. At least I wouldn't have to on the 15 as it does shift quite a bit better. I couldn't shift to 4th at WOT, and it wasn't me trust me.

It's not any better on the '15. Stock shifter still sucks and it doesn't like going into some gears at WOT. I have an MGW waiting to go in.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I switched over to the "maybe it doesn't look so bad" camp after I saw the Shelby. The base car and GT still look too plain to me. The interior is a home run.

RJ13GT

Established Member
The s550 is weird. Stock it can look strange but with some suspension getting the stance right and some nice wheels. The car looks pretty good. I still think the front grill is a little exaggerated out there makes the headlights look far apart but at certain angles the car looks stunning. I still don't want one though. I like every angle of my 2013. No need for visual mods.

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
OH snap. That would suck to buy another of the exact same shifter for that issue. I may have to talk myself into keeping mine. I do agree, the previous body looks better, it's just the interior that kills me.

Rct851

Established Member
I think I've been converted. If the manual wasn't an mt-82 the switch would have already been done.

vergil

Established Member
s550 is still ugly and has the same crappy transmission, no reason to upgrade. Waiting for the new Camaro.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Ugly lol. Seeing the 2 next to each other makes the previous model look dated. Waiting on the Camaro and think the S550 is ugly? Get that prescription checked.

vergil

Established Member
I won't even argue when it comes to 11-14 vs S550. Something does not need to be new to look good and S550 just doesn't look good to me and yes I would take the new Camaro over S550 anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread