Sad news for those into MMA or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

simpman

game artist
Established Member
Carlson Gracie dies.
I had the lucky opportunty to train with him in the late 90's.

Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . Jiu-Jitsu Legend Carlson Gracie - R.I.P.
Submitted by: Kid Peligro / ADCC JJ Editor
Posted On 02/02/2006

It is with the saddest of hearts that I have to report that Jiu-Jitsu legend Grandmaster Carlson Gracie passed away this morning. According to his son Carlson Jr, Carlson had been hospitalized for kidney stones and was doing well: 'He was cracking jokes last night and everything seemed ok. This morning he had a fatal attack and succumbed!'

Carlson Gracie was one of the greatest fighters in the history of Jiu-Jitsu, his legendary battle with Waldemar Santana avenged the loss of his uncle Helio Gracie. During several decades Carlson was the defender of the family name.

He created one of the most powerfull BJJ teams 'Carlson Gracie Arrebentacao' and was responsible for many of the top Black Belt fighters and instructors around including most of the founders of BTT like Mario Sperry, MUrilo Bustamante, Ricardo Liborio and Bebeo Duarte and Andre Pederneiras co-leader of Nova Uniao .

Black Belt Rodrigo Medeiros said: 'He was like my second father! He taught me everything. He had a heart of gold and would help you no matter what. I will miss him so much!'

A friendly and funny man with a great passion for everything he did Carlson will be greatly missed by all that knew him or had the honor to know him, myself included. But I am sure he is taking his rightful place next to his father Carlos Gracie!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Damn, but he has left quite a legacy and extensive family tree that has his knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread