Sad Story

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Sad Story from the town I grew up in.

A young girl jumped off a bridge into the river trying to off herself. This is the second or third time she has "attempted" to kill herself.
2 good samaritans, a city police officer and a sherriffs deputy all aided in her rescue. After the rescue the deputy failed to check in.

RIP Deputy Gross. I knew who he was and he was married only weeks ago. His birthday was this week.

There is talk of manslaughter charges. If it is attention she wanted now she has it.

Sheriff Deputy missing - Douglas Budget: News

Body of missing deputy found - Douglas Budget: News

River Rescue - Douglas Budget: News

ssssnake

Established Member
If she has any feelings for anyone but herself, that should make her want to do what she's failed to do before.

My sympathies for his new bride. Her husband was an honorable man - trying to do his job and save a life.

03cobrah

Established Member
Died honorably

Deputy Gross was killed in the line of duty after attempting to save a young girl from the fast-flowing North Platte Thursday evening. The distraught young woman jumped off the bank into the water following a fight with her boyfriend. She was later rescued near the Richards St. bridge by some good simaritans and Douglas Police Department officers.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If she has any feelings for anyone but herself, that should make her want to do what she's failed to do before.

My sympathies for his new bride. Her husband was an honorable man - trying to do his job and save a life.

Thanks Mary.

ssssnake

Established Member
I know what it's like to lose a husband, Matt. It seems everyone goes through a particular hurt in their life. Be it a lost love, an illness, financial problems, etc. This lady's actions increased her hurt and hurt for another, Deputy Gross' wife, not to mention Gross' life. It is a sad story.

ssssnake

Established Member
Thanks Mary.

I know what it's like to lose a husband, Matt. It seems everyone goes through a particular hurt in their life. Be it a lost love, an illness, financial problems, etc. This lady's actions increased her hurt and hurt for another, Deputy Gross' wife, not to mention Gross' life. It is a sad story.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

:( Sorry to hear that Mary.

The town is in shambles but it is to be expected.

The whole state pitched in to help in the search it was kind of neat to see.

There was 2 blackhawk choppers from the national guard. FE Warren Air Force Base sent one of their rescue choppers from Cheyenne and 4 or 5 other counties sent in resources to help in the search.

Some friends of mine that own a fishing guide service donated their time and boats to run the cadavor dogs that is how they found him.

It is crazy that this is the same river I grew up playing in. We played in it every day of the summer now someone dies in it. crazy

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
have they found the body? either way very sad and prayers are with the family

Yeah they found it sunday they had to use chains and drag the bottom to get him to surface after the dogs where hitting on the general area.

Where they recovered him was exactly where my best friend growing ups house was. we had a tree fort over the hole he was in.

Users who are viewing this thread