Saleen center caps for replica wheels

sb04gt

Established Member
I have played hell to find a way to get Saleen center caps for my new replica saleen wheels. As with most aftermarket/replica wheels, they have cheesy center caps. I have done a lot of research and pretty much found nothing except for buying the smooth chrome center caps and buying the decals off of ebay but I did not want to go this route in fear of how long they would last. There are supposed to be two different size center caps that you can buy from saleen but neither size will work. I bought the larger size original Saleen center caps that are the 2 7/16 and they are way to small and short. So this is how I made my own.

These are the larger 2 7/16s caps from Saleen
2wh1ie1.jpg

Here is my orignal center caps next to the Saleen ones
4gixc5.jpg

Height difference in caps. Saleens on the right
1e1ff4.jpg

The Saleen center caps have a nice aluminum laminated and embossed face glued to a plastic center cap. So simply use a razor blade to remove the the face from the cap. Be careful when using razor blades as they are very sharp.
1emotf.jpg

sb04gt

Established Member
After I removed the face I added fresh 3m adhesive film to the back of it. Intstead of film like I used, Im sure you can use just about any general adhesive to glue them on with.
wl97xj.jpg

Next I simply but carefully added the face to my original center caps.
idyb88.jpg

Now you have your Saleen center caps for your wheels.
5wl25f.jpg

And here is the old center caps on the wheels vs. the new Saleen ones
Old:
1z6qzhj.jpg

sb04gt

Established Member
New:
10eo8w6.jpg

And Pic of the car
33wtymv.jpg

The new caps completely changed the look of the wheels. I am very pleased with how this turned out. Maybe this will save some people some headaches and research.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread