Saleen Convertible Style Bar

Acidus

Established Member
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and I'd like to say this is a great forum. I read everything I could on the '03 Cobras before buying one and after finding this site... your posts were the most informative out of everything.

I bought an 03 Cobra vert last Tuesday. I saw some old posts from people who had put a style bar on their Cobra. I agree they look great and I'm considering one myself.

If anyone has had a style bar on their vert for a couple months, what do you think of it now? Still happy with it? Any annoyances like it gets in the way, etc?

kpinco

Established Member
I really like the look of the car with the bar. I got mine from classis design concepts with the brake light in the bar. I never knows its there.

Brad

Banned
The first mod you should make to a vert is this bar, make the car look 100 times better in my opinion.. then lower it!

low2.jpg

1.gif

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: Does the bar have any effect on rear seat access (my 9/10 year old grandsons) or on hood operation?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
Buy it from Classic Design Concepts. Don't buy it from Saleen.

Why not saleen? the classic design one is a style bar, not a light bar! The saleen one has a brake light in it, which i think is pretty cool.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by eiblish
:coolman: Does the bar have any effect on rear seat access (my 9/10 year old grandsons) or on hood operation?

Its not safe putting a big person in the back with the light bar.. a small child would be fine, but my friends comment on how they would crack their heads open on it if I was to make a quick stop.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Brad, the lightbar Saleen uses is manufactured by Classic Design Concepts and can be purchased from them with or without the brake light.

kpinco

Established Member
mkdiehl:
I am having issues with my digital camera! One of these days I will. Where in Denver are you located? I rounded up a couple of ponies and a Viper for a cruise yesterday. I'm looking for more 03 Cobra's to join us! Please PM or e-mail me. [email protected]

Brad, I second roushraven's commnet. CDC makes all the Saleen light bars and are cheaper thru CDC.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by roushraven
Brad, the lightbar Saleen uses is manufactured by Classic Design Concepts and can be purchased from them with or without the brake light.

had no idea.. but when you get the light in the bar, it costs the same correct?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Oddly the bar w/o the brake light is more expensive. Here are the prices from the CDC website

Classic Mustang Light Bar (90-93) $395.00 Available

Classic Mustang Light Bar W/O - LED Light $415.00 Ship 4-5 Days

Classic Mustang Lightbar (94-98) $395.00 Available

Classic Mustang Lightbar (99-03) $395.00 Available

Arthur

Acidus

Established Member
Did you guys install it yourself? I was looking at the installation instructions on CDC's website and was thinking I'd rather have a pro install it. A local Ford performance shop wanted nothing to do with it though.

Erick

Established Member
I installed two myself. It's really not that bad. Just measure twice and cut once. I bought a Saleen piece b/c I didn't want the CDC emblem. I got mine from Speedworx.com which carries both Saleen & CDC products.

Users who are viewing this thread