Saleen replicas???

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I had a question concerning the Saleen replicas. I know American muscle makes them and also wheel replica. Is one better than the other quality wise including their chrome quality as thats what i would want, and does one resemble the original Saleens more than the other? Thanks

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't know what it's worth to you, but I've had two friends buy two sets of Saleen replicas from AM. No problems so far and I really don't see how after two years there will be.

And I don't know that the wheels themselves are any different really. They probably come from the same manufacturer just sold by a different vendor.

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Saleen Replica Quality > Saleen OE Quality

Haha! I hear ya. Saleen definetly had some issues at least with the chrome. That's why I'm trying to retire my saleens before i start having issues with them and just roll around on reps. That's why I want them to look as original as possible so people hopefully won't notice they aren't the factory rims.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
And you bring up a good point zhisel about the two being the same manufacturer. Maybe they are made from the same place and just shipped to different companies to sell? Anyone know for sure? And has anyone had oe saleens and reps to compare how close they are? It's hard to tell from pics.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm taking you have a real Saleen whatever? And you're trying to preserve your OE wheels? Take the real ones off for cruising/daily driving/whatever you're afraid of doing with them and bolt them back on for shows or whatever. If somebody notices the replicas, one of two things will happen. A) You'll maybe be confronted and asked at which time explain why it's on replicas, or B) The person who notices at a store probably won't stick around or even care enough to second guess.

They're only Saleen wheels we're talking about, not TF or BBS RKs. I highly doubt anyone will ever notice because for the ones who do you'll be at a show probably, where you're real ones will be bolted on.

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I'm taking you have a real Saleen whatever? And you're trying to preserve your OE wheels? Take the real ones off for cruising/daily driving/whatever you're afraid of doing with them and bolt them back on for shows or whatever. If somebody notices the replicas, one of two things will happen. A) You'll maybe be confronted and asked at which time explain why it's on replicas, or B) The person who notices at a store probably won't stick around or even care enough to second guess.

They're only Saleen wheels we're talking about, not TF or BBS RKs. I highly doubt anyone will ever notice because for the ones who do you'll be at a show probably, where you're real ones will be bolted on.

Yea, it's a saleen and that's what im trying to do, preserve the stockers. Switching back and forth isn't really an option as I take the car to a good amount of shows in the summer but also cruise around town pretty often also. Would be a major pain.

And I realize they aren't TF that's why im worried about them! lol But seriously try to buy oe saleen rims. TF may be very expensive but if something happened to them they could be refinished, or new ones can be bought, not really an option with original rims of a low production car that no longer makes parts ya know. A set of TF or any other expensive rim would do nothing for the value of my car in the future, but the originals in great shape will.

1hot281

Established Member
and I realize they aren't TF that's why im worried about them! lol But seriously try to buy oe saleen rims. TF may be very expensive but if something happened to them they could be refinished, or new ones can be bought, not really an option with original rims of a low production car that no longer makes parts ya know. A set of TF or any other expensive rim would do nothing for the value of my car in the future, but the originals in great shape will.

+1 real OEM Saleen wheels in new or near new condition are getting extremely hard to come by...

Kiohtee

Established Member
The ultimate solution? Find a set of TF or CCW's that you like on your car and save your OE Saleen wheels for resale. Because saying a set of TF's or CCW's doesn't add anything to your car is ridiculous.

Either way, good luck with your endeavor!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I feel like I'm the only one that has noticed this so far...but the AM Saleen's to me look like they have way less concave than the Wheel Replica's version. I noticed this over the summer. Anyone else notice?

Reason I say this is cuz my buddy got a set, I realized they looked kind of funny to me, then he ended up parking next to a guy with the WR version and you can clearly tell the AM version have less concave over the WR version. If I wanted Saleens...Wheel Replicas all the way.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Not trying to argue about this but watch Barrett Jackson and see what a low production car goes for all original including rims, and the same car with aftermarket rims, even the nicest most expensive rims. It's just the facts. Collectors want factory original cars, and will pay top dollar for them. On another note if I went with a different rim it would probably be tf they are definitely nice.

Users who are viewing this thread