saleen series i blower

green99saleen

Established Member
Its listed in the ad what will be included, but again it will be the blower, lower intake manifold, throttle body, intercooler under blower(in intake), inlet plenum, all blower accesories, the alternator relocation bracket, and 2 pullies. You will need bigger injectors, intercooler pump, heat exchanger, coolant reservoir and hoses.

Billyy

Established Member
Its listed in the ad what will be included, but again it will be the blower, lower intake manifold, throttle body, intercooler under blower(in intake), inlet plenum, all blower accesories, the alternator relocation bracket, and 2 pullies. You will need bigger injectors, intercooler pump, heat exchanger, coolant reservoir and hoses.
oh wow lol how did i miss that? LOL i must have been doing some MAJOR skimming

green99saleen

Established Member
Haha, its all good. I also have the stock saleen intercooler pump i'll throw in with it, it had a small leak though, thats why I upgraded to a marine unit. It may be a simple seal and a quick fix, either way if buyer wants it i'll include it. BTW i'd prefer local pick up since all this is quite heavy. I'd be willing to drive to meet up to 2 hours. Thanks!

eddyroxx

Established Member
pics? does this kit use a regular 99-04 throttle cable? any special parts needed other than the alternator relocation bracket?

green99saleen

Established Member
it uses the same throttle cable but a special saleen cruise control cable which I will include. Everything needed to install minus gaskets will be included with the exception of the listed parts that i'll need to keep for the the tork tech, that is the coolant reservoir, intercooler pump, hoses, fuel injectors, and heat exchanger. A copy of the install manual is here http://saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/images/spec_images/Series1-SCInstall_99-04.pdf My blower is designed for 99-00 2v cars but will work with any 99-04, the difference is the length of the water pump for pulley alignment, a simple water pump swap should be sufficient. Pics have also been sent to those who asked, thanks!

green99saleen

Established Member
many people have problems with belt slip over 10psi as this blower runs off the accessory belt, however there is a kit made my mosaleen that adds an idler pulley to take slack out of the belt and provide more belt wrap around the blower. I made my own fix for this by changing the stock idler below the blower pulley out for a huge idler off a chevy duramax lol. Works perfect, and actually allows for a standard size serpentine belt to be used instead of the 100 dollar saleen belt that the kit originally required. I will give this idler setup and the belt to the buyer, it will save a ton of money!

green99saleen

Established Member
I dont believe so but I could be wrong, I know the 99 and 2000 saleens used a different belt routing. Changing water pumps is simple though and for asking price ill throw my original water pump in with the sale, I'm going with the tork tech setup and I have a water pump from an 03 cobra I can run so if thats the only hold up you can have mine. Id be more then glad to send as many pictures as you like of the setup and how the belt is run, as well as answering questions you may have during install. Its a pretty straight forward install, between the link provided with in depth instructions as well as any info and pictures I can provide it shouldnt take more then a weekend with basic tools. Let me know, thanks!

green99saleen

Established Member
I did a little research and yes the water pump lengths are different 99-01 and 02-04 the 99-01 uses a long style water pump. I can include my water pump and pulley. Pics sent to those who asked as well. Thanks!

green99saleen

Established Member
No longer have the extra cash/time to upgrade so I'm just gonna keep the car how it is for now and keep my blower. Will repost down the road when I save enough for the new kit, sorry for the inconvenience

Users who are viewing this thread