"SALEENIFY" my Gt?

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Well I want to make my gt vert look a little better, looking at all the convertibles it seems like the Saleen Verts Ive seen look absolutley badass! well would people consider my car "fake" or "faleen" if I put like a s281 wing, rear bumper, side scoops and what not? Im thinking about smoothing out the rear bumper so it doesnt say "saleen" on it, so It'll just look like a glorified GT. Thoughts?

BlueVenom01

Established Member
ahawkins said:
Well I want to make my gt vert look a little better, looking at all the convertibles it seems like the Saleen Verts Ive seen look absolutley badass! well would people consider my car "fake" or "faleen" if I put like a s281 wing, rear bumper, side scoops and what not? Im thinking about smoothing out the rear bumper so it doesnt say "saleen" on it, so It'll just look like a glorified GT. Thoughts?

yes some will consider your car a "faleen"....but as long as you don't advertise it as a Saleen, you are golden. still call it a GT and leave on the GT badging and smooth out the bumper as you said...

to me it's no different than putting on any other body kit pieces...just that Saleen stuff looks the best :thumbsup:

good luck with it!

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys, I have a hook up at a shop down here so I will be geting these parts dirt cheap so I will post up when it is all complete and put on

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Putting the body pieces on is cool, but putting all the badging and stickers on it to pass it off as a real Saleen is gay.

SpectorV

Established Member
most saleens are nearly stock GT's so dont worry about it, I would consider fililng in the saleen words on the bumper but other than that I think it would be fine.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Do it. Just make sure you shave the SALEEN lettering and don't put any Saleen badges on it it'll look great and you wont be a problem. If rcn4fraud* just took the Cobra badging and lettering off his car, he wouldn't be having so many people calling him out for being a poser.

*Creative props to SIr RicCuS for the nickname. :thumbsup:

bone stock

Established Member
I'd say put a roush body kit on it. They look a lot meaner and more race inspired imo, plus not everyone has that body kit compared to saleen.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Yeah I dont plan on putting any emblems/stickers on my car to pass it off for a saleen, dont want my car to act like something its not. but yeah Im gonna shave the lettering off the bumper, put the s281 wing on, possibly the sideskirts and side scoops (not sure if I like the full scoop on normail 01-04 GT's or the saleen ones better) and Im gonna get a cowl hood eventually, then probably a 99/01 cobra front bumper. so at that point it should look bitchin :)

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I was thinking about doing that as well, but I decided to get a different front/rear bumper and hood. Still may get the sideskirts and maybe the side scoop though.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Putting the body pieces on is cool, but putting all the badging and stickers on it to pass it off as a real Saleen is gay.

+1

As long as you dont call it a Saleen and leave the GT lettering/badging on it, you are fine. It will look really nice

Users who are viewing this thread