San Diego/El Cajon people, looking at buying a car out there

stangboy04

Tre' flippin
Established Member
Hey everyone, not from around the SoCal area, and im interested at buying an 02 GT at a dealer off broadway in El Cajon, Car1234. Just wondering if anyones heard anything about that dealer, or if anyone would even be willing to maybe stop by this week and check the car out, Im flying in from colorado on thursday if everything seems to work out, but ive never even been to california and would love any advice or help from someone local to the area! This is my first major car purchase, so im very skeptical, especially since i have to drive 1000 miles back home with the car.

Any help and info is greatly apreciated!! :banana:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I can try go take a look in the next day or so, if you want…..not 100% guaranteed, but I have no problem trying to make it down there

Edit: Post a link if you can

Last edited:

stangboy04

Tre' flippin
Established Member
Not a lot of options in the Denver area for mustangs, and similar to most areas surrounding me. Not a whole lot of people want to rock a mustang in the rockies.. lol.

Plus.. California has strict emissions standards from what i hear, and id imagine a 3 owner car probably got fairly well taken care of, its always warm there, no salty roads and crap. Plus im very picky on options and color combos, and white was one of the top on my list. It doesnt hurt that its also winter here and some sunshine would be nice for few days.

A

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
going to try and get over there tonight. I have an appointment, but if it gets done early, I'll head over. Not too far from my house :beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Well, I tried, man. Their website says 8:00pm and their link says 7:00pm (didn't see that originally). I got there at 7:15pm and they were very anxious to get me out of there so they could go home (understandable). They did have some work to do still (pulling cars into the lot), so I asked if he would take me over to where the mustang was located so I could check it out really quickly while they were finishing up. I told him I just wante to hear it run, check the tranny shifting and check for leaks. He said, "I would because it's next door to my house, but there are no lights." I held up my flash light and said, "no problem" and let him know I just needed 10 minutes, and that it was pretty much a sale. Also informed him you would be arriving thursday. No go. Still said no.

Here is my opinion, just based off the dealership alone. It's a small no name dealer in the middle of a lower class part of town. When I walked in, there was not a single car that they were unloading that had a california license plate on it. I would personally go to a dealer that inspects them, because these were being unloaded straight into the sale lot. While not a horrible experience, they sure weren't interested in giving me the time of day or allowing me to ask questions. I bought my M3 from a dealer like this and I was in for a couple surprises when I got it home. Even being a local, they were unwilling to help me out with them, I don't imagine you would get any help in colorodo.

I'd skip it, and I didn't even see the car, but I also have been burned at one of these dealerships before.

stangboy04

Tre' flippin
Established Member
Hell yes dude thank you for the info!! :beer:

I had a feeling it wasnt going to work out, and im glad i could hear about it before making a trip randomly, if they werent giving you any attention that tells me that they probably dont pay that close attention to the cars either.

Thanks again buddy!!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Hell yes dude thank you for the info!! :beer:

I had a feeling it wasnt going to work out, and im glad i could hear about it before making a trip randomly, if they werent giving you any attention that tells me that they probably dont pay that close attention to the cars either.

Thanks again buddy!!

Exactly what I was thinking, but wanted to keep somewhat objective! I was thinking if you showed up around lunch time, they would have blown you off until after ;)

I wish you luck! Let me know if there are any other cars down here and I'll see what I can do if I'm having a slower week :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread