Saturday Mod-Day

zw470

Established Member
I finally got a chance to get some mods done to my '14. I added the Cervini's GT500 style chin spoiler, a prepainted 3DCarbon GT500 wing from American Muscle, and a GT500 rear diffuser. I also planned on adding my Magnaflow Competition quad-tip axleback but the factory exhaust was not cooperating at all and by the time I got to that point it was raining pretty steadily. On to the pictures!

20150628_161220_zpszqe7ubhw.gif

20150628_144652_zpsdtxt12ek.gif

20150628_144731_zps1wwx8qlm.gif

20150628_144710_zpsoyyr6sks.gif

20150628_144624_zpsd2fobceb.gif

I'd say the most aggravating part was removing the 658 screws that Ford uses to attach the factory chin-spoiler/splash-shield. Cutting the bumper was surprisingly easy, yet quite intimidating. It's not every day you start attacking a car with less than 1,300 miles on it with a $30 Harbor Fright body saw :cryying:

Next I think I wanna add some Cervini's side-scoops and C-series window scoops, then look at the wheels/suspension because the stance doesn't match the attitude of the rest of the car now. After that I wanna do the Cervini's Cobra-R Hood, and finally CAI/headers/tune to round everything out :coolman:

mitchster

Established Member
Looks good. I agree removing all the screws up front was a pain. I installed the Roush front spoiler. I also installed the rear diffuser and I watch Youtube video's over and over until I was confident to start cutting on a car with less than a year old. Mitch

4VFTW

Established Member
I just did the GT500 rear and Cervinis splitter.was kinda surprised the Cervinis comes white...wtf? did you buy it prepainted or did you do it yourself? I plasti-dipped mine.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Looks real nice man. A drop and some wheels and you'll be set.

Side Note: Did you actually chuck the old spoiler in the trash? Did you break it in the process of removal? If you didn't I'd hold on to it, could be worth a couple of dollars.

zw470

Established Member
No its not broken, I just stuck it in there because I was tired of it sitting in the kitchen. You really think I could get some $$$ out of it?

greenscobie86

Established Member
I got ya. I dunno, I'd keep it and include it with the car if you ever sell it, or someone who got in a wreck needs one or something.

khawk952

Established Member
Looks good! Glad to know I wasn't the only one busy this Saturday, I did the quad tips and valance myself.

greenscobie86

Established Member
^

I got the stockers off by myself. Just used a lot of brute force. Might need to spray some lube on the exhaust hangers if the stockers dont wanna budge.

khawk952

Established Member
Could you get the stock axleback off by yourself? Seems like I needed an extra set of hands, if not 2.
I've swapped mine a couple of times by myself with no issues. Just be sure you separate your mid pipe from the over axle pipes for a little extra room to work with.

AMWill

I finally got a chance to get some mods done to my '14. I added the Cervini's GT500 style chin spoiler, a prepainted 3DCarbon GT500 wing from American Muscle, and a GT500 rear diffuser. I also planned on adding my Magnaflow Competition quad-tip axleback but the factory exhaust was not cooperating at all and by the time I got to that point it was raining pretty steadily. On to the pictures!

20150628_161220_zpszqe7ubhw.gif

20150628_144652_zpsdtxt12ek.gif

20150628_144731_zps1wwx8qlm.gif

20150628_144710_zpsoyyr6sks.gif

20150628_144624_zpsd2fobceb.gif

I'd say the most aggravating part was removing the 658 screws that Ford uses to attach the factory chin-spoiler/splash-shield. Cutting the bumper was surprisingly easy, yet quite intimidating. It's not every day you start attacking a car with less than 1,300 miles on it with a $30 Harbor Fright body saw :cryying:

Next I think I wanna add some Cervini's side-scoops and C-series window scoops, then look at the wheels/suspension because the stance doesn't match the attitude of the rest of the car now. After that I wanna do the Cervini's Cobra-R Hood, and finally CAI/headers/tune to round everything out :coolman:

Looking great man!

I love the direction you went with the car and I love the color.

Although I might be biased :thumbsup:

experts%20shoot_zpsuz0qtrfj.jpg

Keep up the good work and let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will

zw470

Established Member
I've swapped mine a couple of times by myself with no issues. Just be sure you separate your mid pipe from the over axle pipes for a little extra room to work with.

That's what I was having trouble with. I got 2 of the hangers free with no issues but I needed more wiggle-room to get the third. I tried to push up the OTA pipe with one hand and pull down the muffler with the other but as soon as I would let go they went right back together like they were spring-loaded or something.

khawk952

Established Member
You don't have to remove the hangers. Just unbolt the clamp that connects the muffler to the over axle pipe, then unbolt the slide clamp that connects the mid pipe to the over axle pipe. At this point you should be able to completely move the over axle pipe out of the way. Then just pull the front muffler hanger free from the muffler and all you have to do is push the muffler forward towards the front of the car until it clears the two rear hangers. It might take a little force, but they will pop out. Also a little trick for the left side, remove the two 15 mm bolts that hold the stock Panhard bar (if im calling it correctly) and the left side of the bar can be pulled down out of the way to give you the extra clearance to get the muffler off.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Mine came off really easily. Putting on my Kooks AB was a breeze. No jack stands or anything needed. I just slid underneath and got it done. Good luck with everything!

zw470

Established Member
I picked up my car from the dealer after work today. Exhaust looks amazing, so glad I went this route over the GT500s. I was worried the tips weren't going to be lined up well but they're spot-on, my service-writer said they did 3 other axle-back today before mine so I guess they know what they're doing. There was even a white Ford GT in one of the service bays :eek:

As far as the sound goes...... Jesus Christ its loud :lol1: The idle is surprisingly mellow but it just gets louder and louder from there.

View attachment 45290

Here's a pic of my saturday project....quads and valance

Paint or Plastidip on the fake gas cap? Looks damn good. I have a can of flat black paint for my gurney-flap, but I think I'm gonna have to do my 5.0 badges and fake gas cap too.

khawk952

Established Member
It's plastidip and been on since November...i painted the mufflers and tips black before I did the install.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread