Saved first picture and no more. Was telling me I need an email account. Not sure on the fix yet.

1996cobraconvertible

Established Member
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1996cobraconvertible

Established Member
Just noticed rust on bolts. Wonder if car was ever under water. I have not seen and other signs that it was. I will have to clean them up.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
IDK, there seems to be a lot of heavily rusted stuff in there. I'd pull up the carpet and see if there's any indication of flooding and check the car over thoroughly.

Maybe this is typical of a northern car?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Rust that is.

Kind of par for the course on a 20+ year old car in the NE that was driven and probably not garaged. Anyway, there is a guy converting a 01 (maybe) Cobra into a Cobra R and going to town he did some crazy shit with his hardware, removed rust and zinc coated them I think. He'd be your guy to get info from. I looked in the Cobra R channel and New Edge Cobra and didn't see the thread. Take a look around it's an active thread and will pop up on "new posts" now and then but I'm not sure what sub-forum it's in. I think the thread is something like "You want to build a Cobra R?"

Edit: https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/do-youuu-wanna-build-a-cobra-r.1194837/unread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread