Saw (2) 03's ready for delivery!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Hey all!

I am new to the forum and wanted to let you know I was at Varsity Ford today in Ann Arbor MI and had the opportunity to see (2) 03's in the service area of the dealership...up close and personal! As I pulled into the lot, I saw a sevice tech moving a red vert from the truck unload area into the service area. I followed it into the bay where he began inspecting and preping it for delivery...tearing the plastic from the drop top...testing the top...windows..etc. He popped the hood for me and allowed me to druel over the beef packed inside. I asked him if there was a cigarette lighter inside the car and he pulled out a plastic plug that resembled a lighter but was a simple insert that plugs the power point receptical. There is no smoker package in the car (at least not standard). I read a post regarding the cobra insignia on the lighter that was included with the vehicle so I thought I would put that rumor to rest. (Sorry smokers!) The mineral grey coupe was there since Monday night and was fully prepped and awaiting it's new owner to pick it up. What struck me was that the coupe had the CHROME wheels!! After many minutes of burning holes in these sweet rides with my eyes...I went inside to have a word with my salesperson regarding the illusive and (unavailable) chrome wheels. He checked with the salesperson of the grey coupe what the deal was and he was kind enough to come over to me and explain. This mineral grey coupe is for a special customer who's health is compromised. The car was specially built for him with the blessing from the higher ups in the company. Not only did he get chrome wheels, the assembly line personnel that built his Cobra each signed something for him with well wishes. I thought that was totally awesome!! With that I sat back and completely understood and appreciated the situation. Not only does SVT and Ford have a kick ass Cobra...they have shown they also have a heart. Cant wait for my Black coupe with a build date of 6-24:D

Last edited:

Rob03

Established Member
Thanks for the update. Sounds as if SVT did a real good job for this guy. How he enjoys it and hope his health improves...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

eddy z

Established Member
wowo ,great news anda great story on the guy.. glad to see that ford and svt did the right thing... hats off to them..

svt03

Established Member
snakebite which wheels looked better the chrome or polished. Because when I read the article in mm&ff they said they perfered the polished. Wonder did someone pay them to say that.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
svt03...In my humble and modest opinion...and you know what they say about opinions...the chrome on that grey coupe really enhanced the overall look. The red vert was parked directly behind it...and as awesome as it did look...my eyes were drawn to the chrome!:rollseyes

As for me...there is now no doubt I will take Ford up on the wheel exchange for $695!:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread