saw a spoilerless 03 today

Daniel Moran

Established Member
I checked out a spoiler delete black 03 Cobra sportstank coupe today. It was sitting in the sun behind the service area of Wickstrom Ford in Barrington, Illinois. I was told that it had been sold but a sticker saying "vehicle not for sale" was posted in the driver's window. It also had the usual mfgr window sticker in the passenger window with all of the options,etc. listed but without any numbers in the price columns. The car looks very wicked in black...like some sort of 4-wheeled weapon system. It looks more intimidating from the front than any other domestic car short of the current Viper. I wonder how it would look with the big stripes. The key thing was how it looked without the rear spoiler. The absence of the 03's odd, duck-billed platypus inspired, rear spoiler gave more visual emphasis to the front half of the car making it look even more mean from a side view. Also, when viewed from behind without the spoiler, the size of the rear tires seems to have more visual impact. Anyway, this is a car your mom's may not like. Make my 03 wingless!

docs03

Established Member
Went and checked?drove my yellow vert yesterday. I ordered the car without the spoiler and it looks great. That retarded spoiler needed to go!! Car does have a very aggressive stance to it.I think a set of lowering springs will help. Will be picking it up Tuesday after some minor prep issues are resolved.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
That's my car - Still waiting for invoice

That was my 03 Blk Coupe with spoiler delete. Wickstrom won't sell it to me without both the invoice and the window sticker. Supposedly the paperwork was sent out at the same time the car was released (06/18).

They are selling for $100 off of invoice though, so I shouldn't complain much.

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
when I saw the name of this thread I knew

that you were going to inform us on what the 3rd brake light looked like without the wing. But noooooo......You failed to enlighten us. ;-) Now make us proud and repost about where te 3rd brake light is. Thanks.

silvercoffin

Established Member
was torn about spoiler

When I had my order in at the Jersey Dealer, I had decided to go WITH the spoiler even though I wasnt crazy about it from PIctures I had seen. In person I like it. I think the car looks too plain without something on the back.

But the car looks great no matter what!

I ended up buying my car off the lot in DE. FOR STICKER!
so I cancelled my NJ order

If you order from them please mention you heard it from Jason Miklowcic on the SVT Performance Boards! THANKS!

WHAT A CAR!

Newlin Keen
Sales Manager
Winner Dover Autocenter
(302)735-8381
(800)999-0993 ext 4381
[email protected]
Winnerauto.com

:thumbsup:

Daniel Moran

Established Member
wingless 03

Craig99SVT: I'm pretty sure the CHMSL or third brake light was incorporated into the trunklid not the back window. Fear not; it looked real good.

Last edited:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
will post a pic sometime next week

As soon as I have access to a digital camera, multiple pictures will get posted. I have a Steeda race wing painted and waiting to be installed if I decide that I want the more aggressive look. I'll probably post it with the wing sitting in place to see how the other rabid Cobra fans on this board like it before I drill any holes.

Just got the call that the window sticker with pricing arrived in the mail. I should be driving the car home tonight....

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Slow Lane...
How's the pic of your spoiler-less black coupe coming?? My black coupe is scheduled to be built 7-15...with a spoiler....but I still have time to make the deletion...your pic would seal the deal!!:burnout:

Thanx!

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
Slow Lane...
...My black coupe is scheduled to be built 7-15...with a spoiler....but I still have time to make the deletion...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might want to double check on that or maybe one of the factory guys here can verify. If your car is scheduled to be built, it might be too late to delete the spoiler.

Last edited:
B

blown03cobra

rcogs is right..... That is why the initial order confirmation is for. Once it is accepted by the dealership/dealer, it is too late.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Pictures tonight...

I will e-mail pictures to anyone able and willing to host them.

For those interested, the CMSL is identical to the GT. Mounted at the top of the deck lid.

The spoiler delete give the car a less fat in the ass look and seems to make it appear to sit lower in the rear.

wildosvt

Established Member
you can also attach the file under the reply box but either way we can get them here.

Just click browse and get them from where you have them stored and attach. or the email above
:thumbsup:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Sending pictures now

Please let me know what you think of the Steeda Race Wing.

The wife likes it, from some angles I like, but with all of 15 minutes of looking at it, I'm thinking not right now.

This car is a blast.

Totally predictable, tame when you want it to be, but with loads of power when you give it kick and a suspension and tires that fit the car and the engine perfectly.

The position of the shifter sucks though, although mine feels like it has positive stops and is very notchy, I'm not sure where people are getting "sloppy" for the shifter feel.

wildosvt

Established Member
Well here y'all go

fd9c2266.jpg

The link to the rest is HERE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread