Say Goodbye To Muscle Cars...

drexebo

On a quest 4 an 03 cobra!
Established Member
what the hell does that have to do with getting rid of muscle cars? If you chose to drive a gas guzzler, then you'll drive it... you'll just pay more.

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
Originally posted by drexebo
what the hell does that have to do with getting rid of muscle cars? If you chose to drive a gas guzzler, then you'll drive it... you'll just pay more.

As a president, Kerry would have the power and influence to steer the big three carmakers towards manufacturing gutless 3 -4 banger vehicles in the name of eliminating our oil dependancy.
Also he could tax the living pi$$ out of anyone who'd dare to buy a car that has an engine, say 2L. I do beleive he would do some crap like that.

kschaper

Band
Established Member
Originally posted by Kurt Busch
As a president, Kerry would have the power and influence to steer the big three carmakers towards manufacturing gutless 3 -4 banger vehicles in the name of eliminating our oil dependancy.
Also he could tax the living pi$$ out of anyone who'd dare to buy a car that has an engine, say 2L. I do beleive he would do some crap like that.

Funny, I always thought congrass passed the laws and the president either signed or vetoed them.

Brian's 00GT

Established Member
Originally posted by kschaper
Funny, I always thought congrass passed the laws and the president either signed or vetoed them.

I agree. As long as the Republicans have either a majority or a near minority in Congress, it will never happen. The auto industry lobbby is just as powerful as the rest of them. This proposal, like everything else he says, is nothing more than a big, fresh pile of BS.

Brian

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Its ironic that the almost exclusively Democrat 'greenies' keep us from energy independence. Developing off shore and Alaska would actually bring more attention to conservation of wildlife in the areas, Oil companies are actually pretty amazing at treading lightly in this country where they drill. Of course they are demonized constantly. There are SO many resourses to be tapped regardless of all this 'supply crisis' bullshit scare tactics.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Originally posted by kschaper

exactly! so why hasn't kerry started doing this, or anything else for that matter, while he was/is in the senate?

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by ezernut9mm
exactly! so why hasn't kerry started doing this, or anything else for that matter, while he was/is in the senate?

Cause he hasn't done diddley in Congress.:p

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
again, most liberal stands are made on emotion and not fact. you cannot talk sense to someone that is governed by emotions...

bionic_chronik

Established Member
haha. Ok, SVTperformance.com .. now I know all of your cars are expensive, I've seen the pictures you guys take of your cars parked infront of your multi-million dollar homes, I'm assuming the majority of you are Republican right? Ok but anyways, on to the subject.. this shouldn't be no surprise to anyone, Bush proposed this idea months ago, don't worry though.. we'll never see that happen. Your kids will though, which sucks for them. Until it does happen, gas prices are going to keep climbing throughout the future years. I don't know shit though, I'm not big into that CRAP(that's all it is)

Users who are viewing this thread