Say Goodbye To YellowBullet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype007

Established Member
Autoguide has officially bought out YellowBullet. They are the same group that bought out Pirate4x4.com which is just an offroad version of the bullet, and they ran that mofo into the ground in just a few months.

Yellow Bullet Sold - Yellow Bullet Forums

Sad to see one of the largest drag racing tech and crap talking forum, has shot itself in the head.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Oh shit, they didn't the same thing to the Corral.net and it hasn't been the same since...
Yup, was a member of corral since either 01 or 02. Soon as they moved in I moved on.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
never heard of it.

Not surprising, seems the vast majority on this site are here to bellyache and bicker over opinions, or find out what the best cold air intake is for their "terminator". While YB is unfiltered and raw, with many there just to do the same, the site is far more biased towards actual knowledge and setup regardless of platform...hence the reason you find actual racers there instead of the common bench warrior found here for the most part.

That said, I don't think they will change much and as Monty already stated, they are letting him continue to run the place as he sees fit. I think they will just optimize the site for advertising/marketing purposes to increase revenue. Hell they already outpace this site by almost 5:1 in visitors/day and I don't see them doing anything stupid which would reduce the traffic.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have lurked over there many times, but never joined

definitely hardcore tech and "real talk"!

coposrv

Established Member
Not surprising, seems the vast majority on this site are here to bellyache and bicker over opinions, or find out what the best cold air intake is for their "terminator". While YB is unfiltered and raw, with many there just to do the same, the site is far more biased towards actual knowledge and setup regardless of platform...hence the reason you find actual racers there instead of the common bench warrior found here for the most part.

That said, I don't think they will change much and as Monty already stated, they are letting him continue to run the place as he sees fit. I think they will just optimize the site for advertising/marketing purposes to increase revenue. Hell they already outpace this site by almost 5:1 in visitors/day and I don't see them doing anything stupid which would reduce the traffic.

Well said. I have been a member over there for awhile. There is a ton of real world experience about anything automotive. I love svtp but yellow bullet members are on a whole different level of knowledge and experience for the most part.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Not a member of YB, but that site introduced me to the term "butter face". There are some features if Trash or Be Trashed (nudity) that I wonder if will remain now.

Posted via Topify on Android

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Wow! That sucks! Never would have thought it! Good thing our fearless leader is loaded and doesn't need the extra cash!! I hope!!

03Steve

Established Member
I never joined, but lurk over there from time to time as well. I imagine it will turn into ad city, just as modularfords has. The bulk of my posts have been over at modfords for the last 11 years. It was ad city for a number of years. Once MMR was approved as a site spammer over there I started posting over here more. At least here I don't have to see all the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread