SC '01 bullitt HP numbers

jdr46

Hay guys I've been around for a while, dont post much, just do alot of reading. Here is my set up and I would like yalls in put. Now keep in mind the the bottem end is still stock and I know what can happen if the tune is off.

what HP and TQ numbers do yall think it will make?

SQ vortech 12# pully
Anderson power pipe
42# inj.
90mm MAF
P&P heads
comp custom cams
long tubes, orx pipe, w\ borla xr1 race mullers

I will have Mike Murillo tune the car to a safe tune of 11.1 to 11.5 A\F

I will adding a Snow Performance water\methenol inj. in a month fallowing the tune.

Last edited by a moderator:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Well, you didn't say what you already had and what you're getting done. If you have everything else on the car that you listed but the heads and cams, I'm gonna say between 400 and 410 to the wheels, horsepower and torque.

jdr46

Ok, here it goes. I make 379 hp and 376 tq with a stock motor, SQ Vortech, orx, borla mufflers.

I add head, cams, long tubs

DJT03GT

Established Member
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords got 540 out of their GT with 12lbs vortech i believe, patriot heads, comp cams, and ported bullit intake, long tubes and exhaust i believe. There intake was ported, but i think you could get 500 out of yours with comparble head work and cams.

Firemanz

Established Member
Mike did my tune and I'm happy with my numbers especially since I'm pretty much stock except for the Vortech. I think you'll be in the 420ish range.......:burnout:

Lawrence

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Well over 450 I would think. 12 psi, ported heads, cams, and already with a bullitt intake is a EASY recipe for 450 rwhp on a dead safe tune. Hell, I made 440 with a bullitt intake, S Trim, Magnaflow x pipe, and magnaflow cat back so I'd be surprised if you don't blow 450 out of the water.

Keep that shortblock money handy though. I just saw a saleen pop a head gasket on the dyno the other day with 12 psi and 10.8:1 a/f ratio. That's a lot of pressure for stock head gaskets and head bolts to withstand. Good luck.

jdr46

Thanks For your post. I have been in Austin for the last 3 days tryen to pick up my car. Its seams that the cams jernals are to small. and thay will have to shim them up.

With everthing dune and a good tune (safe) 11.2 too 11.6 I could be 470 to 500 HP.

What do guys think about the Boost A Pump with a drop in 255 fuel pump thats supplyed by Vortech?

Last edited by a moderator:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
I'd stay away from the walbro pump. The best solution it seems for us is to go with the 03 cobra pumps/tank and at the current power level your'e at you wouldn't need the bap. I run the 03 cobra stuff, 55s, and a BAP.

Here's what I've learned over the years though............whatever your tuner/builder recommends is what I'd go with so my best advice is to take his advice. Good luck!

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Well, have you gotten the final numbers yet? I am guessing you probably made just north of 450rwhp, maybe 470rwhp if the cams are aggressive.

I made 420rwhp with basically the same setup minus the cams and long tubes at 12psi. Of course that is on a Mustang Dyno, so you will have to guess at what that would equate to on a Dynojet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread