SC E46 M3 vs. J-Spec Supra Twin Turbo - Video!!!

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Hey guys, check this video out of the Supercharged 2002 M3 racing a J-spec Twin Turbo Supra, very sick IMO.

http://www.e46psi.com/

Click on link and go to videos or look for the video section to check it out.

Let me know what you guys think, not often to see a SC M3 with that much boost.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
"Many enthusiasts were skeptical and denied the possibility of a successful outcome. In fact, almost every internet message board member has come across the phrase 'SC = Kaboom'."

id be hard pressed to strap a blower to my 50k BMW M3

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
"Many enthusiasts were skeptical and denied the possibility of a successful outcome. In fact, almost every internet message board member has come across the phrase 'SC = Kaboom'."

And I am sure a lot of people would feel hard pressed to strap a blower to their 80k Dodge Viper...but they do it. Is the M3 engine weak or something? I seriously dont know :shrug:

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:

Well Active Autowerks are running 7.5 psi out of the blower right now and they are looking for more, because the car still lacks low end torque, which is typical for M3 motors because of the high compression and having to delay the boost a little.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Codes said:
And I am sure a lot of people would feel hard pressed to strap a blower to their 80k Dodge Viper...but they do it. Is the M3 engine weak or something? I seriously dont know :shrug:
Yes because of the high compression of the motor. It is 11.5:1. And also the conrods are very weak along with an oil system that can handle the stock motor without making serious mods to it. That is the problems in a nutshell.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
wow...lotta hp for a M3, yet i stil wasnt impressed. It barely took the 400hp supra(stock turbo i assume). I cant wait till he goes up againt a big BPU, or single turbo guy. Or maybe even a blt on cobra. Hell i think a stock z06 would take it.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Venix said:
wow...lotta hp for a M3, yet i stil wasnt impressed. It barely took the 400hp supra(stock turbo i assume). I cant wait till he goes up againt a big BPU, or single turbo guy. Or maybe even a blt on cobra. Hell i think a stock z06 would take it.
Yeah, but as I mentioned before the torque figures really suck, the Supra has ~418rwtq, the M3 only has ~323rwtq. On a top speed run the M3 will kill the supra. IMO.

Last edited:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
that supra or a real modded supra? just asking not flaming.

Last edited:

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Venix said:
that supra or a real modded supra? just asking not flaming.
Well what I think you are asking is what does the supra have?

Well as far as I know, Boost Controller, Upgrade Intercooler, Custom Tuning, No MAF Meter, intake, Cams, Weight Reduction, Sparco Seats, Water Pump, Coilover Suspension, full exhaust w/no cats, 103 Octane Race Gas, and some other shit the guy never talks about.

He is very sceptical and does not talk to much about his car.

Last edited:

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice car, but definetly not good rolls for those cars. I like the M, but I wasnt impressed by the pulls it made. How many lbs are you pushing right now? It's a sick car, just no comparison to any american muscle on the street(straightaway) IMO...I'd be interested in seeing it up against a chip/pulley'd 03/04, from any roll. I bet that car is fun as hell in the back roads.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Ballistik8 said:
Nice car, but definetly not good rolls for those cars. I like the M, but I wasnt impressed by the pulls it made. How many lbs are you pushing right now? It's a sick car, just no comparison to any american muscle on the street(straightaway) IMO...I'd be interested in seeing it up against a chip/pulley'd 03/04, from any roll. I bet that car is fun as hell in the back roads.
Dont fear, I think they are working on doing the video next with a modded Cobra. And let me just put it this way that M3 hauls ass above 100mph, it is right there with th Cobra IMO while it builds up power. The M3 as I will say again very low rwtq ~323, so that is why it takes a little to get going.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Nice cars but
stroke.gif

03cobraLuver

Established Member
Driven said:
Yeah, but as I mentioned before the torque figures really suck, the Supra has ~418rwtq, the M3 only has ~323rwtq. On a top speed run the M3 will kill the supra. IMO.

Nice vid! From what ive heard those m3's are made for the long haul though. The perfect autobahn car, id actually take that over a cobra, besides the mclaren f1..drool drool :bowdown:

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
03cobraLuver said:
Nice vid! From what ive heard those m3's are made for the long haul though. The perfect autobahn car, id actually take that over a cobra, besides the mclaren f1..drool drool :bowdown:
I completely agree with you. :beer:

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Driven said:
What exactly are you trying to say, just out of interest?

dont get me wrong they are nice and I like M3s over supras but that just didnt get my flame fired up. :shrug: and I'm not up for street racing at a roll like that. just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread