SC61 MR2 vs. Pullied Cobra

Stopsign32v

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
Why don't you tell us your hp/tq numbers and track times, Stopsign32v? :rolleyes:

Honestly...because its no one's business except my own. :beer:

Mr2liter

New SVT Killer
Established Member
Is there a difference between badass and bad. In my book there is a difference Dont know about yours.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Mr2liter said:
Is there a difference between badass and bad. In my book there is a difference Dont know about yours.

They're both slang used to mean the exact same thing in this scenario. My point stands. Saying to someone, "your car is badass", is the same as saying "man that sucker is bad!" (when complimenting someone of course)

StevesSRT

Established Member
Remember it's not always how much Hp you made, but how well you made it across the rpm band. For example, my stock turbo made 295whp, but dropped off to 255whp by redline. Pretty significant drop over the last 1500rpm. You could take a car making 295whp all the way to redline and walk all over mine.

Now the new turbo (60-1) makes over 400whp all the way to redline.

Steve B.

Whizzle

Established Member
if it counts...my friend totalled a turbo mr2 the second day he got it....trying to "drift" and the rear of his car ate a big big big brick mailbox. (sidenote: he was only 15)

jhonda

Established Member
why don't everyone just funking cry about it. Only the people at the race know what happened give it a rest :rollseyes

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
MR2's weigh what? 2600 Lbs. if that? A buddy of mine is looking to make around 36 RWHP in his and we'll run 'em then. The problem with light high HP cars is traction. It doesn't make any diff how much ya make if ya can't put it on the ground.

Mr2liter

New SVT Killer
Established Member
StevesSRT said:
Remember it's not always how much Hp you made, but how well you made it across the rpm band. For example, my stock turbo made 295whp, but dropped off to 255whp by redline. Pretty significant drop over the last 1500rpm. You could take a car making 295whp all the way to redline and walk all over mine.

Now the new turbo (60-1) makes over 400whp all the way to redline.

Steve B.
T78 hits hard at 5k and pulls all the way to redline. TQ doesent drop off neither does HP. As for traction: The cars motor sits over the rear wheels. Pretty much even if have crap tires and I spin out of the hole. I am still going to be moving forward. Where as a RWD front motor setup would just be standing still spinning. Well My 275 drag radials and ET slicks help hook up too ya know.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Mr2liter said:
T78 hits hard at 5k and pulls all the way to redline. TQ doesent drop off neither does HP. As for traction: The cars motor sits over the rear wheels. Pretty much even if have crap tires and I spin out of the hole. I am still going to be moving forward. Where as a RWD front motor setup would just be standing still spinning. Well My 275 drag radials and ET slicks help hook up too ya know.

Ok...... :shrug: What does that have to do with this thread or SVTP.COM?

Users who are viewing this thread