Scam or what?

Hilgy_in_IA

Established Member
• ° • ° • Ford F-150 Lightning 2001 • ° • ° •

I msged..."Give me your number so we can talk"

Reply:
Hello ,

I'm selling a beautiful, well maintained 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning because my platoon have been mobilized for deployment to Afghanistan. After we complete our training, we will deploy to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The price is low because I need to sell it before July 5th. Paint shines, zero dings/dents,no accident. Non-smoker,always garaged and covered. It comes with all the documents needed for registration. The title is clear. It is gently used with only 44,300 miles and is ready for road trips or leisurely cruises to dinner!

I'm asking $2,990.00 this price includes door to door shipping, handling and insurance fees for shipping within the continental US. You will have 7 days for inspection and possibility for a refund policy. The vehicle is located in Gulf Breeze, FL.

I've attached 13 photos including the original purchasing agreement and the original window sticker. Please click here :

ford - Windows Live

The transaction will be fully under eBay's surveillance, I will post the truck on eBay and I will give you the URL link to press ''buy it now'' option .
Please get back to me if you're interested in buying it.

SSG Joseph R Mccollough
4th Combat Engineer Battalion
United States Marine Corps
One team, one fight

I replied: Sounds ok, can I get your number so we can talk about details?

Answer:
Hello ,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

As I've previously told you, I'm currently involved in a military program, temporarily based in FL, as I'll be changing it for Afghanistan very soon. Due to military security reasons I'm restricted from leaving the unit's facility under any purpose and have strictly limited phone access. We`ll have to stick to email for now as this is the only way I can communicate.

The transaction will be fully under eBay's surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. They will be the 3rd, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the vehicle after you will receive and test it, because eBay will hold the funds in an escrow account and release it to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery. After the vehicle reaches your address you will have 7 days to test it. Within this period you have to decide if you purchase it or not. If you decide to take it you will have to contact eBay and let them know that, so they can release the payment to me. If you won't like it you will have to ship it back to me within the 7 days and eBay will refund you. The shipping back will be done on my own expense, but I am sure this will not be the case.

If you decide to buy the truck ,please include the following information in your next email.

1. Ship to name and address ( the complete name and address of the person receiving the truck ).
2. Motor vehicle registration name and address needed for title transfer, this would be your complete name and physical address (or if the truck is to be registered on someone else's name the name and address of the registrant is needed).

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

SSG Joseph R Mccollough
One team, one fight

Last edited:

Hilgy_in_IA

Established Member
My point exactly...craigslist is loaded with this these days...i remember when it was a good site for people to sell sh*t.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'm sure CL is still a good site for finding local cars/trucks. But a ~$13-14k auto for $2990 is obviously going to be a scam.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
SSG Joseph R Mccollough
One team, one fight

SSG Joseph R Mccollough
One team, one fight

what kind of rank is that esp in the Corp???.....but yea this is a SCAM

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
that rank is a staff sergeant or e-6 in the core. when mobilizing up they don't head down to florida but when mobilizing you are limited phone calls depeneding what you are training up on..i still call scam though

convert03cobra

Established Member
Its a scam. And what really pisses me off about those f**king scum bags is that now they are posing as military members to scam people. I hope they all die a slow painful death!

Users who are viewing this thread