SC'd 383ci toyed with my SRT-8

Deuuuce

Established Member
Pretty sweet ride, said it was making 600rwhp. Looked like a Saleen body kit.

Didn't matter I had a trunk and full tank, I think he stayed in a gear higher than optimal and still slowly walked me, increasing the gap even though we never lined up side-by-side for a full run.

Nice guy, said he liked my car. Kinda admitted to toying with me. His car was fast.

My buddy was nice to let us run on his private driveway.....

Deuuuce

Established Member
is this a mustang you ran? Fox body?

It was an SN95.

i thought the 383 was gm specs? ls1 and ls2 right? edit* i could be wrong..

good death anyway

LT1s too. Actually its a very old bore/stroke size and Chrysler even had that size too.

Maybe the guy meant 393 and it was in a SN95 or something.

I'M CONFUSED!

I never heard of a 383ci Ford either but we were rolling in traffic so I didn't ask for details. I was wondering the same but thought maybe it's a custom build?

It was set up for road circuit racing and he said he also has an American Iron Mustang so he is no stranger to the track, that's for sure.

Now that I think about it, maybe it was a Chevy swap. Not unheard of, especially on "Pinks All Out".

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I bet it was a 393, which is a stroked 351. There's a guy on here with a 393 in a T-Bird with a centri on it.

vitmncya

Established Member
It was an SN95.

LT1s too. Actually its a very old bore/stroke size and Chrysler even had that size too.

I never heard of a 383ci Ford either but we were rolling in traffic so I didn't ask for details. I was wondering the same but thought maybe it's a custom build?

It was set up for road circuit racing and he said he also has an American Iron Mustang so he is no stranger to the track, that's for sure.

Now that I think about it, maybe it was a Chevy swap. Not unheard of, especially on "Pinks All Out".

yes the 383w is a old stroker for the 351w my buddy has one thats tt and very reliable 3.75 stroke and 4.030 bore with a 6.20 rod :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread