School me on this SCT SF3 handheld tuner.

hob

Established Member
Hi guys, I recently bought a cobra with 3.2 or 3.1 ish upper pulley, JLT CAI, and flowmaster catback. It was all installed for a performance shop here in AZ and tuned with a handheld SCT SF3 by them.

My question is as I flip through the settings of my tune that's listed as a "Pulley Tune" none of the settings are changed from what I'd guess are the defaults? Is there more to this tuner then I see, as in settings changed in the backend that I'm unable to view / change that adjusts for the mods that were installed?

Thanks! Looking forward to knowing more about this.

bigmoose

Established Member
You are correct. The tune written by your tuner is loaded via the Xcal3. You cannot see those parameters. The ones you can see are the optional settings the owner can change like fan speed, rev limits, tire size, etc.

cj428mach

Established Member
You are correct. The tune written by your tuner is loaded via the Xcal3. You cannot see those parameters. The ones you can see are the optional settings the owner can change like fan speed, rev limits, tire size, etc.

Yep+ its real BS how tuning is handled on these cars, you can't see the tune you bought. I didn't like it, being that I was an Amazon customer and their lack of customer service I didn't trust that my tunes were customized enough for me (making sure Rick remembered I was on 91 Octane) Etc.

bigmoose

Established Member
Yep+ its real BS how tuning is handled on these cars, you can't see the tune you bought. I didn't like it, being that I was an Amazon customer and their lack of customer service I didn't trust that my tunes were customized enough for me (making sure Rick remembered I was on 91 Octane) Etc.

You can get a good idea of the tune from data logging. But it not as easy for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread