SCMC Meet and Cruise - 05-16-04 - Garden Sate Plaza, Paramus, NJ

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Rog, nice meeting you yesterday....and very nice wheels! :thumbsup:

If you guys liked storm king, you'd love open tracking....think of it as doing storm king over and over for 20-30 minutes at a time, but without the rock wall or several hundred foot drop-off
:eek: :D

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
Rog, nice meeting you yesterday....and very nice wheels! :thumbsup:

If you guys liked storm king, you'd love open tracking....think of it as doing storm king over and over for 20-30 minutes at a time, but without the rock wall or several hundred foot drop-off
:eek: :D

Thanks!
Love seeing R's with tire rubber all over the paint! Some guys don't know how to enjoy their toys...

I plan on doing some OT'ing at Etown this year since I'm a newb, but that's what I got those wheels for anyway! Then off to a real track.

BTW- What's the best way to get signed up for some open tracking events in the NE this summer?

Rog

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm not sure if Etown will have their road course done this year....I heard they were having some issues with the locals and also meeting some safety issues....maybe they've squared them away and are moving ahead now?

well, locally you have Pocono, about 1.5 hours away....its an ok track....the north course is more challenging than the east or south courses....

If you can get a day off of work, The Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club has a one day open track event, on a tuesday in august, I think its the 10th this year....I went last year, and got a ton of track time in....

otherwise, there is PDA, who does a number of open track driving schools throughout the year, but you won't get alot of track time, maybe 4 sessions of 20 minutes each, but alot of waiting time in between sessions due to many cars/classes....

If you can take off a few days, I highly suggest going to gingerman in michigan - very fun track, very safe, with lots of run-off area, and a very nice touristy town on lake michigan....fun for the whole family :thumbsup:

I'll be there July 23-25 with SVTOA and again Sept 18-20 with SCMC....

There is watkins glen, but that is kind of intimidating to newbies with the blue steel armco barriers, but a very awesome track, and limerock, but that is often times sold out way ahead of time due to popularity....

Although I prefer open track to autocross, both the scmc and svtoa are having high speed autocrosses at ft devens in mass, check their websites out for more info....

any other questions, feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread