Scratch one of the 300

'00 R

I went to the Team Mustang meet and cruise on Friday. About 300 Mustangs of all years and models met at Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn.
Before I got there(Dammit), one lucky sap that works for Ford was driving a Company R. He was messing around with a little too much gas and lost control. The R ended up over a curb through the grass and front first into one of Old Henry's Tree's! If that isn't bad enough. The car was still running, so he reversed back over the curb and ripped up the exhaust and undercarriage!
I heard that the damage looked worse than it was and that the R will be fixed. Except for cosmetics, it was just leaking a little antifreeze. It was gone by the time I got there.
Other than that, it was a pretty good day! EVERY car there, did an obligitory holeshot when leaving the parking lot. It was kind of neat to see old shelby's and Mach I's dumping their clutches.
We pretty much convoyed all the cars out to Woodward, where Team Mustang had reserved lots and blocked off streets. Had music up on stage, Bar-B-Que, and all the hottest mustangs.
I even met Kenny Brown. Him and his Sales Manager were talking about Cobra-R and Kevin.
By the way, they have some new products out for our cars. A 3 piont strut tower brace they say will fit over the motor and under the hood. Some heavy duty tie-rod ends. Also a change over for our IRS to a coil over system. among other things. I have the paper work for each system they developed, if anyone wants me to copy it and send it out.
I parked next a Rousch Stage III and was checking out the brakes on it. The rears are 11" but pretty much the same settup as we have. The fronts were completely different and impressive. 13" Rotors with 6 piston Calipers, very heavy duty hardware. The guy from Rousch said the kit for the front end is around $2500

That's all for tonight! This is Max Tressler reporting from Dearborn, MI
Goodnight!
:)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Thanks for the "Headline news" Max. Sounds like it was alot of fun, how many R's were there besides you and your brother?

Sounds like Kevin and I are famous, hope what they had to say about us was good:) Anyone I have ever talked to at Kenny Brown has been top notch, wish all places were like them.

Max, what is the latest word on RA? I sure hope you guys will at least come done and meet the group, even if you don't want to run.

Thanks Brian Groth

kevin

thanks max,

what brian said ditto.

what we're they saying about us? i know i bought their first beta unit diff cooler and have told others to get one.

i'd like to see the other stuff they've developed .

R-CODE

Established Member
one less 00'R?

I also was there on Sat. But Roush really don't get to me. I heard Steve Saleen was at Headquarters signing cars; also heard someone took photos of the wrecked 00'R but the camera was destroyed by high end white shirts?
There was also a 00'R raffled off, i was parked in the svt lot, no hospitality by svt at all very poor rating. Seen the concept svt focus (tight), Super Stallion mustang (big muscles), and a '93 R (mint)... O' thats mine:D
The 00'R was the crowd pleaser and why not! 1.6 million people at this event this year (The Woodward Dream Cruise).

Leo C.(R-CODE)

'93R moroso cold air induction k&n fenderwell kit, timing bumped to 16 degrees, off road h-pipe and two chamber flo's.:rolling: :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread