Screw FORD. I have my new toy

venams03

Established Member
Went out and bought a brand new '06 Yamaha V-Star as I'm thouroughly disgusted with FORDs offering and the frickin' greedy a** dealers.

Now I'll have a blast all Summer long, while still having the extra cash in my pocket to do what I want, especially getting 50-60 MPG!

We'll see what the price on the 500 drops to next year. If it isn't low enough....I'll either be driving a Dodge or Chebby!

:beer:

MYGT500

Established Member
venams03 said:
Went out and bought a brand new '06 Yamaha V-Star as I'm thouroughly disgusted with FORDs offering and the frickin' greedy a** dealers.

Now I'll have a blast all Summer long, while still having the extra cash in my pocket to do what I want, especially getting 50-60 MPG!

We'll see what the price on the 500 drops to next year. If it isn't low enough....I'll either be driving a Dodge or Chebby!

Maybe you would be interested in my Whizzer motor bike..it gets 200mpg,and i'll sell you under msrp... :lol:

venams03

Established Member
BLUE OVAL NUT said:
Man some people have all the fun!! A 03 Cobra and a 06 Yamaha V-Star must be nice. :banana: :pepper: :beer: Have fun with those toys and be careful with that new bike . :burnout:

Yup. I plan to. This thing is a frickin' blast to drive and this is coming from a "car" guy.

I'll leave the money in the bank and see what's out there later this year or early '07.

MYGT500: I don't know what your point is? Truly...

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
venams03 said:

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself that you did the right thing.

venams03

Established Member
Route66 said:
Should have gotten a Road Star. Now that's a bike.

Route66: The road star is too "old man ish" for me. I don't like the full flared fenders. The V-Star Custom is perfect. Low riding height, looks mean with the chrome and blacked out accents and still has some sportiness to it with the hard-tail. Bike is plenty fast and has gobs of low end torque. Just like a sporty cruiser should. Plenty of CCs for grocery getter trips (read short) all Summer long. Maybe I'll warm to the "classic" styling when I put on about 10-15 years. Everybody has their opinion on what looks good to them and bikes are no exception. That's why there's so many different types of bikes out there. Too bad FORD couldn't understand that like Dodge does. What has FORD offered for the "middle income" buyer that wants top performance without shelling out close to 100K (or 150K for the GT)? GT-500 and thats it. Unless you'll satisfy for 300 and buy the Mustang GT. Dodge on the otherhand is exploiting the HP boom and has several current entries, not including the probable upcoming Challenger. Sucks that Ford beat Chevy and Dodge to the retro HP game, only to let Dodge beat them.

Here we go again with Jackie Chan's stupid a** comments. "if your bike is getting 50 mpg its NOT fun...." I forgot the fun to MPG equation. Isn't it < 30MPG=FUN, >30MPG=SUCKS ? I also didn't take the market demographic into account now did I? And now he's going to debate what the market is, and what's going to sell for M.S.R.P..... and Oh I forgot....Jackie probably already has a buddy willing to hook everybody up with a bike below invoice. All while Jackie calls everyone that doesn't agree with his current view, an IDIOT.
What a dumba** comment. Do me a favor Jackie, save your lame A** comments for another forum. I don't have any personal friends that are car dealers. Why? IMO, they're all loud mouth, trash talking high school (or college) dropouts. Who'd want to associate with someone like that? :poke: Every hear anyone say, "yeah just got by B.S. (or MBA etc...) and I landed a job at a car dealership. WHOOOHOOOO!!!! Hey Jackie, suggestion for ya. Why don't you start your own "Dealer" forum? :loser:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
testy huh? i didnt call you an idiot. I guess what you fail to realize is that if you are getting 50mpg on your bike you arent twisting the throttle enough. Damn you are defensive...napoleonic complex?

im sure you could have posted this in the motorcycle sub forum here on svtp..... :poke:

Last edited:

venams03

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
testy huh? i didnt call you an idiot. I guess what you fail to realize is that if you are getting 50mpg on your bike you arent twisting the throttle enough. Damn you are defensive...napoleonic complex?

im sure you could have posted this in the motorcycle sub forum here on svtp..... :poke:

Must be short term memory loss because you did refer to people like me as IDIOTS....

"i love how people compare this to the 03/04. people are so clueless sometimes. You don't understand HOW much bigger the buying demographic is for this car if you use the 03/04 as an example. I hate to use the word, but people that keep bringing it up are really beginning to strike me as ignorant."

I've been on this forum for 4 years and I NEVER jump on anyones case for posting their opinions, let alone call them names. Truth is, you're the only poster in 4 years that has done that to me....SOOOOOO... Yup, I did reply and I am defensive because you I believe you shouldn't go around criticizing other posters opinions/comments....this is still the good 'OL USA

Terminator

Established Member
venams03 said:
Have to admit that is one wicked looking bike

Thankyou, it does get alot of compliments and it's a blast to ride w/all day comfort and BALLS to spare.

Sorry for the hijack.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
venams03 said:
Must be short term memory loss because you did refer to people like me as IDIOTS....

"i love how people compare this to the 03/04. people are so clueless sometimes. You don't understand HOW much bigger the buying demographic is for this car if you use the 03/04 as an example. I hate to use the word, but people that keep bringing it up are really beginning to strike me as ignorant."

I've been on this forum for 4 years and I NEVER jump on anyones case for posting their opinions, let alone call them names. Truth is, you're the only poster in 4 years that has done that to me....SOOOOOO... Yup, I did reply and I am defensive because you I believe you shouldn't go around criticizing other posters opinions/comments....this is still the good 'OL USA

well i read the above quote three times and didnt see where i called people that didnt take the demographic into account as "idiots" only ignorant for not looking at all of the information available. and thats my "good 'OL USA" opinion. :read: Besides you are the guy on a Ford website that does nothing but bad mouth ford :nonono:

Last edited:

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
:idea: PLEASE!!! Can't we just have :thumbsup: for people and stop all this :bs: with negative posts good grief!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TOO SAY JUST MOVE ON Da :cuss: NM!! Every forum is becoming smackdown enough allready!!! ENJOY your toys man F all the rest of the none sense. :shrug:

venams03

Established Member
BLUE OVAL NUT said:
:idea: PLEASE!!! Can't we just have :thumbsup: for people and stop all this :bs: with negative posts good grief!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TOO SAY JUST MOVE ON Da :cuss: NM!! Every forum is becoming smackdown enough allready!!! ENJOY your toys man F all the rest of the none sense. :shrug:

You're right. I agree with ya bud. I'm not going to let 1 poster ruin my day. I've explained enough as it is. Movin' on... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread