screw the DMV

maddrabitt

Established Member
damn bastards wont let me have ZO6 K1LA!!! Damn this friggin commie state!!! Oh well, just venting, gotta get back to the drawing boards so I can get out of my damned his/hers plates. Got a couple ideas, Ill put them up after I make my choice so so rat bastard doesnt grab the one i want

Bullitt207

Established Member
I had to submit my plate three times before the DMV let me have it. Just wait a week or two and try again.

K1LA does not = KILLA right? ;)

tell them it has to do with rock climbing in L.A.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Yup, CA sucks. My co-worker recently submitted a DMV plate application that said SUV SUC (he drives a Mini S) and was denied. The reasoning was something about how you can't have a derogatory statement on your plates because it causes potential road rage or something. Soo lame. :nonono: So he then changed it to LV2TURN. ehh... definitely not as cool. :shrug:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
An e-mail from a friend!

Quote:

In Which Damien Goes to the 7th Level of Hell and Returns Unscathed.

So I went to get my driver's license changed from Michigan to New York yesterday. I figured it's been over two years; it's time. The NYC DMV locks the doors at 4:00pm to prevent more people from entering and extending hours further. I arrived about 30 seconds before the security guard closed the door. Time slowed down like in The Matrix as I dashed through the door, narrowly avoiding the gnarled grasp of the security guard's hands, shooting him a look: Now I'm inside, what are you going to do about it! Looking around the cavernous room, I saw very long lines of people. Some were queued up for pictures and application submission. Others for driving tests. I approached the information desk where a man with a an extremely square head (he had a perfectly flat forehead and 90 degree corners, I kid you not!) handed me a license application and directed me towards a line. The longest line, of course.
I followed the example of the other one hundred or so people in the queue and filled out the application while waiting. Despite being virtually the last person through the DMV Portal of Doom, others found themselves in line behind me. I don't know how this happened. Perhaps there's a secret entrance that I don't know about. After nearly 45 minutes in line, it was my turn to get my picture taken and submit my identication for verification. And I've figured out why our driver's license photos always look so bad. After waiting in line for upwards of an hour in a room that's 85-90 degrees, sweat was running down my neck. My forehead was dripping and sweatstains had appeared in my armpits. My feet hurt, I had to use the bathroom, and here's this DMV lady unexpectedly shining a million-candlewatt lamp in my face while simultaneously mumbling something that was probably "Smile" or "Cheese." So I'm certain my own license picture will have caught me with sweat running down my face, standing on one leg, with my mouth half open to ask the lady what she had just said, and a look of surprise on my face. It's sure to be a classic.

Having proven myself not an illegal alien or possible terrorist, I'm given a ticket number and told to watch for my number on the huge red LCD screens. My number is 625. The screens show that number 630 is being served. Thinking that perhaps the LCD number counter counts down instead of up (this is the DMV, after all, why should they do anything normally), this seems like good news. And then the numbers start counting upwards. 631. 632. 635. Huh? So I wait, wondering what's wrong with their system. It's after 5:00pm now and I can tell the DMV workers are getting anxious to leave. Some of them are performing little bizarre "going-home" rituals that I'll never understand. Seeing some windows open (!), I approach one of the tellers and ask if she can serve me. She gets extremely upset and accuses me of not paying attention to the number board. I think she was mad because I was delaying her going home. As if I wanted to be in that hellhole any more than she did.

When finally processed, the NY DMV took away my Michigan driver's license and gave me a rather pathetic-looking temporary paper license. I realized on the way home that I had just surrendered my main form of official identification in return for something that looks like could print it on my computer at home. Already I've had difficulties getting access to buildings here in NYC. If not for my Citibank credit card with my picture on it, I wouldn't have any picture ID.

But I'm alive and my NY license won't expire until 2006. By then, perhaps our government will have a clue and implement a more efficient system. It's no wonder people hate the DMV

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
I have "KILAH BE" on my plates...They didn't say anything about the KILAH? :shrug: ... You should try telling them it has something to do with your car, a nic-name or something? I thought they were going to tell me no!

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Lil' Angel said:
Baby, you gotta get rid of those plates because you can't have his/her plates when I am not even the her!!!! :(

HARRR

Edited by L.L. :nonono: You've been more than long enough to know the rules.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
:bored: That’s a very humiliating, scandalous, offensive, and disturbing picture :uh oh: :uh oh:

:pepper: :D :pepper: Got anymore :pop:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
It was a owned pic. It is NWS.

Here is the link. Beware... it is NOT WORK SAFE, and possibly offensive.

Edited by L.L. CAN'T YOU READ!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread