Screwed by Showglow / Euroeffects

jpetre

Established Member
So I ordered some H13 HIDS Bi-Xenon (not cheap) for the mustang. They shipped half of the stuff I ordered as I ordered two kits. I called them and they said sorry we shipped to some guy in PA and they would re-ship. 2 Months go by and still nothing, so I dispute with Paypal, well they give Paypal the original correct shipping information for the the shipment of half of my stuff. Paypal says you got it, stop trying to get more stuff and closed the case.

So I have a dispute with my CC company, filed a BBB complaint, and am closing my Paypal account.

What a bunch of BS

Don't do business with these tools!

EuroEffects, Inc. / Showglow Lights
6615 Timberwood Ave
Portage, IN 46368
United States

rust0r

Established Member
Paypal is bullshit, I had a dispute where I paid someone for an item, never received it, so I filed with paypal to get my money back or have them do something. They told me "well let a little more time go by given the distance the item is coming from", so I gave the seller 2 more weeks, at that point paypal told me "sorry, its past the <x number of days> to file a claim and we can't help you". Even after telling them that I was instructed by them to wait, they basically told me "Sorry, if we can help you any other way in the future let us know.. goodbye!"

Don Juan

Established Member
Paypal it's a hit or miss, I try not to deal with them, but it's hard not to because everybody else uses it.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Was this a company on Ebay? or do they have an actual site of their own? Local place in your area?

That is a bummer man but at least you can try to dispute it with your credit card company.

jpetre

Established Member
Was this a company on Ebay? or do they have an actual site of their own? Local place in your area?

That is a bummer man but at least you can try to dispute it with your credit card company.

They are on eBay under showglow and Euroeffects, but I called them told them what I wanted and they just gave me a paypal invoice. Lesson learned so I have no recourse through eBay, just paypal but because they gave them the original shipping info which I recieved just half of my order paypal sided with them.

I am most certainly done with Paypal. They will not let me close my account though. They say I have transactions pending but I don't they have all went through my account. If I want something and they don't use Master Card or Visa then I will not do business with them.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
They are on eBay under showglow and Euroeffects, but I called them told them what I wanted and they just gave me a paypal invoice. Lesson learned so I have no recourse through eBay, just paypal but because they gave them the original shipping info which I recieved just half of my order paypal sided with them.

I am most certainly done with Paypal. They will not let me close my account though. They say I have transactions pending but I don't they have all went through my account. If I want something and they don't use Master Card or Visa then I will not do business with them.

I see. Well thanks for the heads up. I am very picky when buying things from people on Ebay. They have to be flawless as far as their feedback and I only deal with dealers. I have not had a bad experience yet because I am so picky with what I purchase and who I buy from.

If push comes to shove then I just buy from a bigger better company for example like Lethal Performance or American Muscle. Sometimes spending extra money for great customer service and products is worth it in my book and saves alot less headache.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If push comes to shove then I just buy from a bigger better company for example like Lethal Performance or American Muscle. Sometimes spending extra money for great customer service and products is worth it in my book and saves alot less headache.

Much appreciated bro!! :beer:

canibus

Established Member
call the lights place and ask to talk to the top dog and try to work something out with him. they screwed up not paypal

Users who are viewing this thread